Our valued sponsor

Lombard loan against UCITS synthetic accumulating ETF shares

Jerry1911

Pro Member
Oct 5, 2019
Visit site
Which banks in Europe would be willing to give a lombard loan against shares in ETFs such as these?

iShares Core MSCI World UCITS ETF USD (Acc) IE00B4L5Y983
Vanguard FTSE All-World UCITS ETF USD (Acc) IE00BK5BQT80

and/or
Invesco S&P 500 UCITS ETF IE00B3YCGJ38
iShares S&P 500 Swap UCITS ETF IE00BMTX1Y45
iShares Core S&P 500 UCITS ETF (Acc) IE00B5BMR087

...and at what LTV ratio?

Last edited:
You forgot also at what interest rate more importantly.

FlatexDegiro Bank in Germany will give a 60% LTV on all of those ETF's. Loan rate is 4.9%. Max loan amount is 250k for automatic loan.

Not the best LTV or a good loan rate. But hey lets see what others have for your criteria I am interested :p.

P.S Why only Europe?

You may get a better LTV and certainly a better loan rate from either Standard Charter Singapore, UAE or Jersey wealth lending units. Unfortunately I cannot check those instruments for you. You can contact an RM in the links above and ask them to give an approximation perhaps on the LTV's.

SC as you can see in UAE will give a 0.54% lending rate on EUR's - used to be zero before ECB hike....lol.

Ok, interesting. Thanks for the reply.

How does that work in practice? Do I open an account with them and transfer, say, 100k EUR and buy the ETFs through them?

Could I fund the account by transferring ETF shares that I bought elsewhere (e.g. via IBKR or Swissquote)?

Also, do you perhaps know what would be the minimum deposit requirement or minimum porfolio worth (in case of transfer from a different brokerage) at SC for example?

How does that work in practice? Do I open an account with them and transfer, say, 100k EUR and buy the ETFs through them?

Could I fund the account by transferring ETF shares that I bought elsewhere (e.g. via IBKR or Swissquote)?

Yup exactly. Buy anywhere you want and transfer it them.

Also, do you perhaps know what would be the minimum deposit requirement or minimum porfolio worth (in case of transfer from a different brokerage) at SC for example?

SC Jersey used to be 100k minimum to have a relationship. Today not sure if it is still that and don't think that opens door for Wealth Lending if you know what I mean. Best to ask them directly for latest.

Reactions: Jerry1911