Our valued sponsor

Long term credit card block/financing

JustAnotherNomad

Pro Member
Oct 18, 2019
Visit site
I wish to offer a service to customers that comes with an annual (up front) cost to me.
But I would like the customers to pay a monthly fee because I believe that saying “$300 / month, minimum term duration one year” (and then maybe offer a discount for advance payment) will be more attractive than saying “$3600 per year, payable in advance.”

But of course I am worried that they sign up, pay the first $300, I pay the $3000 or whatever it will cost me, and they disappear.
Is there some way to finance this where the risk will not be borne by me? Can I either block their credit card for a year and gradually release the block (probably not very attractive for the customer), or are there some banks that specialize in this?

You obviously don’t know how credit card blocks work. A credit card block would work just fine, but I’m not sure if it’s possible to hold it for so long. Also from a customer perspective, it’s not ideal.
I would prefer the financing option, but I’m not sure where to find a bank that would be willing to cover the risk.

Latest Threads