Our valued sponsor

Long-term strategy for digital nomad

For 100k USD you can get yourself emplyed by your own company in HK/SG, get the local TAXID and create a US LLC. After this, you can live everywhere less than 183 days and declare your 0% taxes in your new official jurisdiction.

Also I'm pretty damn sure it's not so easy. Even the US has a maximum of... what is it, 90 days per year? before they consider you tax resident.
So if you spend 100 days in the US, 80 days in country X, 80 days in country Y and 4 days in HK/SG, I strongly doubt the US will give up so easily when you tell them: "Oh, I don't have to pay any tax because I registered for residency in HK/SG, where I spend 4 days per year."

I mean, maybe that's how it works, but I'm just really, really skeptical.

I have answered you, however, without you providing a contact there which is not throwaway that I can contact you, maybe the answer will not go through. I will answer here instead:

I am also a citizen of your home country. I have de-registered from it and closed all accounts years ago. I do not have a tax ID issued from it, and my ID card display no address in the given country. All my accounts and stuff I had to open in different countries I used a tax ID issued by another country, worked well in most cases so far. I doubt I will ever live there in the future, but if I will, I have no worries because I do not have anything there, literally.

From the way you have described your situation, you have a lot of ties in the countries you have relations and work. Since you cannot commit to actually moving out of this for a considerable amount of time, my approach would be of the following:

1 - Choose between home country, country A and country B, see where you pay less taxes, and settle for it (get a flat, tax ID, accountant, residency).
2 - Choose a country in the vicinity of these 3 countries with the lower possible tax rate (I can think of two, at least) and settle for it (flat, tax id, residency, banks) and spend more time there than in any of the other 3.

You mention you visit your clients, and you are an independent consultant as I understood, if you go for Bulgaria/UAE/Panama, do not actually live there and keep visiting your clients physically, in my humble opinion, you will be walking on thin ice. This may work for some time, and maybe forever, the critical point of risk is when you will want to officially return to your home country and/or buy expensive stuff (real estate, cars) in the places where you actually live, but claim you don't.

Another critical point is that you are a consultant, if you were a corporation, where most of the work would not be performed by you and not physically at the same place you are, for example a franchise brand or an IT company, it would much easier to justify whatever arrangement you come up with.

As I have previously guessed, you are looking for solutions that do not really apply to you.

I tried to reply, if you did not receive it probably it didn't go through. Send a message to that email I have provided with a normal email account that I can actually reply and I will send you an email from a normal account of mine to a normal account of yours.

Latest Threads