Our valued sponsor

Looking for someone to consult me on the best way to cash out Crypto with minimal tax.

Bulgaria has a double tax treaty with the UAE. In the UAE there is no income tax, VAT registration threshold is 375,000AED which is just below 89,000 €. He rents a storage facility located in the UAE which he sublets on paper. He uses a made up sublease contract with an offshore company that says the company rents the storage facility from him as a virtual address. Income from renting out a permanent establishment in the UAE is taxable in the UAE (at 0%) according to all OECD double tax treaties. This way he can cash out 89000€ worth of crypto a year (he does the same for his wife and his dad so 3×€89k/year actually) proving with the sublease contract to his local tax man that he earns this amount completely legally with a 0% tax.

I have actually spent the last two weeks looking into the above UAE solution discussed by 'totlori9' and 'Jessie' in this thread. I have contacted a local tax advisor last week and she confirmed this would work as described. I have also since found a company in the UAE offering storage rooms for expats that have their own postal addresses (think of it like a PO box but instead of the size of a drawer it is the size of a room) and they allow you to rent out the rooms further to someone for profit. Just wanted to say thanks for this idea, and let everyone here know that this was actually confimred to be a viable solution to the' cashing out crypto in your name' problem if your country of residence has a double taxation treaty with the UAE and that I have decided to pull the trigger on this one thanks to this thread.

I have also since found a company in the UAE offering storage rooms for expats that have their own postal addresses (think of it like a PO box but instead of the size of a drawer it is the size of a room) and they allow you to rent out the rooms further to someone for profit.
What company is that if you don't mind to share now you got such great help from the banned member?

Since the thread started back in Nov 1st until today BTC has lost around 30% of its value and so has the total crypto market. :eek:. Put that in perspective with just a 10% Bulgarian tax rate of OP.

What totlori9 (banned) suggested is complete nonsense. Who does that guy think he is - Paul Manafort? ns2 Please share name of the local advisor in UAE that would back this nonsense.....lol. They don't play around in the UAE with people associated with such schemes.

Reactions: Almouk
I have just sent them their fee today. They should be sending me the contract tomorrow. I'd feel better posting the link to their website once this has been already done.
sure I understand, please do that ;)

Since the thread started back in Nov 1st until today BTC has lost around 30% of its value and so has the total crypto market. :eek:. Put that in perspective with just a 10% Bulgarian tax rate of OP.

What totlori9 (banned) suggested is complete nonsense. Who does that guy think he is - Paul Manafort? ns2 Please share name of the local advisor in UAE that would back this nonsense.....lol. They don't play around in the UAE with people associated with such schemes.

Hi,

You have misunderstood. The advisor is not in the UAE. I have contacted an advisor in my own country of residence, because that's what I needed. Somebody that is familiar with both the local tax authority and the double tax treaties to confirm that subletting a storage room (or a flat or a house) in the UAE is subject to income tax in the UAE ONLY (which is 0%) according to the tax treaty.

The UAE company is not an advisor, they provide storage rooms that have an UAE address that you can receive packages to in your personal name. They are intended for expats moving there who don't have a postal address that they can receive mail or packages to. They have nothing to do with taxes or advising.

When you cash out crypto you receive your funds from a crypto exchange to your bank account in your name. Should the tax authority/bank ask for the source of funds you provide two contracts. One that you have rented the storage room from the UAE company, and another that you have rented it out for profit to an offshore company and that is the source of funds you received. This is income from the renting of a 'permanent establsihment/immovable proeprty' in the UAE. Which is subject to income tax in the UAE, not at your place of residence. In the UAE there is 0% tax and you are not subject to the 5% VAT until you reach the ~€90k threshold. So this is a tax free income certificate up to ~€90k per year per person with a contract (you can repeat this with relatives). This is what the mentioned tax advisor (the one from my own country) confirmed.

Hi,

Should the tax authority/bank ask for the source of funds you provide two contracts. One that you have rented the storage room from the UAE company, and another that you have rented it out for profit to an offshore company and that is the source of funds you received.
I haven't read the whole thread, and maybe it has been adressed already, but I'm not sure i understand this point. Wouldn't the name and other data of Crypto exchange/OTC desk from which you receive your funds clearly contradict to information of the Offshore company you've "sublet" the space to?

I haven't read the whole thread, and maybe it has been adressed already, but I'm not sure i understand this point. Wouldn't the name and other data of Crypto exchange/OTC desk from which you receive your funds clearly contradict to information of the Offshore company you've "sublet" the space to?

There is no contradiction. You are stating that you received the payment from the Offshore company as rent in crypto. The Crypto exchange/OTC desk from which you receive your funds to your bank account were just a payment processor making the exchange of the crypto you received to fiat.

There is no contradiction. You are stating that you received the payment from the Offshore company as rent in crypto. The Crypto exchange/OTC desk from which you receive your funds to your bank account were just a payment processor making the exchange of the crypto you received to fiat.
That raises even more questions. Is crypto a legal tender in you country of residence? I doubt. Will you set rental fee in the contract in crypto? No way i would ever show to my home country tax man a contract between myself and offshore company made out in crypto! That's like showing candies to a kid. If anything, if i were you i would enter Malta global residence program, receive malta residence permit and TIN, pay minimum of 15.000 annual tax in Malta, open bank account elsewhere other than your home country, preferrably place like Hong Kong or Georgia, report your tax residence to be in Malta and cash out to it.

I have contacted an advisor in my own country of residence, because that's what I needed.

@gonharpia22 What is your country of residence?

When you cash out crypto you receive your funds from a crypto exchange to your bank account in your name. Should the tax authority/bank ask for the source of funds you provide two contracts. One that you have rented the storage room from the UAE company, and another that you have rented it out for profit to an offshore company and that is the source of funds you received

So you are earning an income in UAE from your home country with an offshore company as your client. So which country are you living in then?

It doesn't need to be legal tender in my country to work. CURIA - List of results

Sorry I have sent this post without finishing it, so I wanted to say that in order to receive payment it doesn't have to be denominated in a legal tender. Think about all the EMIs. They are electronic money issuers. None of the electronic money they issue and provide payments in are considered legal tender. Yet you can send an receive payments through them.

@gonharpia22 What is your country of residence?

So you are earning an income in UAE from your home country with an offshore company as your client. So which country are you living in then?

In order for this to work my country of residence can be in any of the countries the UAE has a double tax treaty with. Which is a 115 countries as of now: Avoidance of Double taxation

When you cash out crypto you receive your funds from a crypto exchange to your bank account in your name. Should the tax authority/bank ask for the source of funds you provide two contracts. One that you have rented the storage room from the UAE company, and another that you have rented it out for profit to an offshore company and that is the source of funds you received. This is income from the renting of a 'permanent establsihment/immovable proeprty' in the UAE. Which is subject to income tax in the UAE, not at your place of residence. In the UAE there is 0% tax and you are not subject to the 5% VAT until you reach the ~€90k threshold. So this is a tax free income certificate up to ~€90k per year per person with a contract (you can repeat this with relatives). This is what the mentioned tax advisor (the one from my own country) confirmed.
Isn't better to rent an apartment, get a residence id and cash out on a personal bank account without paying any VAT?

Sorry I have sent this post without finishing it, so I wanted to say that in order to receive payment it doesn't have to be denominated in a legal tender. Think about all the EMIs. They are electronic money issuers. None of the electronic money they issue and provide payments in are considered legal tender. Yet you can send an receive payments through them.

Further to this, the contract doesn't have to be made out in cripto. Let's say we are talking about €50k. The contract says €50k. You receive €50k from the Crypto exchange to your bank account. It doesn't matter from the tax authorities perspective in what currency or how you received that to your address at the exchange. In BTC, XRP or whatever. It is in € when it arrives to your bank account.

@gonharpia22 What is your country of residence please?

Why the avoidance....lol? ns2

Renting an apartment in the UAE costs €1k/month, you need to travel there, you'll have living expenses, open a bank account etc. This costs €1k/year and I don't have to move a muscle.
This way I can get a residency in any UAE dtt country, for example the Netherlands which has up to 50% tax and using your scheme to cash out crypto paying 0 or 5%. Too good to bee true.