Our valued sponsor

Made a HUGE mistake in my life, Need Serious Advice (long post warning)

Thanks for the reply Martin - I appreciate your sentiment and I too have been scammed in other instances and would wish the same upon someone that facilitated that crime regardless of what the story was.

But I've been doing the "decision tree" over and over in my head and on paper and going back just doesn't make sense to me at this point.

It's bad, Martin. You eat where you s**t - sharing the cell with murderers, rapists, and the prison guards hit you at whim (no legal recourse), no medication or adequate food/clean water (the higher ups swindle the budgets allocated to the prisons), etc etc... just talking about it gives me the chills.

Maybe I just need time to think it through again. The experience of prison is haunting me and though it's unlikely it'll happen again if I have a lawyer present, even a 0.1% risk of mistakes or externalities that would land me in prison again is enough for me to take the other route.

Just be thankful your actions didn't lead to your accounts being used for terrorist funding. You have a criminal record now which will only increase so your options are limited going forward.

Lesson to all...don't ever do crime and especially in your home country and always have a second passport.

P.S Ignore the knuckleheads giving bad advice. You are a convicted criminal whether you like it or not. You need to think wisely about your future under these circumstances.

Reactions: bingbong
Just be thankful your actions didn't lead to your accounts being used for terrorist funding. You have a criminal record now which will only increase so your options are limited going forward.

Lesson to all...don't ever do crime and especially in your home country and always have a second passport.

P.S Ignore the knuckleheads giving bad advice. You are a convicted criminal whether you like it or not. You need to think wisely about your future under these circumstances.
Am certainly doing a lot of thinking lately, so this is how it feels living on borrowed time.

Which led me thinking.. how DOES someone with a criminal record live a life?

Putting aside my situation at the moment, say someone commits a victimless crime, the crime being defined by the gov. as a crime, just because.

For example someone smokes weed or is caught being gay (which is illegal in my country, i.e."sodomy", whatever that means)

They can't get a job, nor can they get a second passport at this point to start over.

What then? I'm genuinely curious.

I've seen a few service providers in the marketplace who sell nominee services, if they'd be kind enough to chime in and share how their nominees end up and how they dealt with their situations when the clients use the accounts for illegal acts.

Last edited:

There are many people with criminal records who go on to lead productive lives. Some ex-cons even go on to become lawyers etc depending on the country. Your in your 20's so are still very young and have your entire life ahead of you.

Putting aside my situation at the moment, say someone commits a victimless crime, the crime being defined by the gov. as a crime, just because.

For example someone smokes weed or is caught being gay (which is illegal in my country, i.e."sodomy", whatever that means)

They can't get a job, nor can they get a second passport at this point to start over.

You have to rebuild your life within your limitation. A criminal conviction while young should not stop you from achieving greatness. In terms of a CBI passport its a wrap but for jobs not a big issue if self employed or entrepreneurial. The question is will you want to be looking over your shoulder for rest of your life or face the music.

Reactions: Radko and bingbong
There are many people with criminal records who go on to lead productive lives. Some ex-cons even go on to become lawyers etc depending on the country. Your in your 20's so are still very young and have your entire life ahead of you.

You have to rebuild your life within your limitation. A criminal conviction while young should not stop you from achieving greatness. In terms of a CBI passport its a wrap but for jobs not a big issue if self employed or entrepreneurial. The question is will you want to be looking over your shoulder for rest of your life or face the music.
I think this don’t apply to Europe … it’s way more « forgiving here »
Actually if you didn’t do some « inhumane » crime here (like murder rape or like anything related to violence or drugs) a record will never stop you to get a job here

Reactions: bingbong and jafo
Am certainly doing a lot of thinking lately, so this is how it feels living on borrowed time.

I've seen a few service providers in the marketplace who sell nominee services, if they'd be kind enough to chime in and share how their nominees end up and how they dealt with their situations when the clients use the accounts for illegal acts.
Search the statute of limitations on your crime!

Definition: a statute prescribing a period of limitation for the bringing of certain kinds of legal action.

There may be one. It may only be three years.

E.g. here is one vis-à-vis Singapore:
Limitation Periods: What’s the Deadline for Suing in Singapore?

PS. Technically, in Singapore, there is NO statute of limitations in criminal matters. I say technically because once self-preservation enters the equation, all bets are off.

PSS. I chose Singapore because they are known to be hardnosed about these things :rolleyes:

Yes! For example, if something like this happened to me, I would go to Russia, find a way to stay there, and then contact the prosecution of my country. Regardless of what the law says, you can negotiate a deal and then get an attorney to seal the deal. You were scammed, scapegoated. You must have something on this Andy!
What's the incentive for his country's law enforcement to seek out such a deal? If they can't put the OP in prison, what else could they gain from him? Bail money?

There are hundreds of thousands of "TnTs" in those places -- TNT meaning people living without proper legal resident status. In fact, the only place I know of where there is active pursuit of "Undocumented" illegal aliens is the USA. And there, if you are white, low profile & speak good English, and fit in, you are not ever going to be questioned. Just stay off all official government records! *Never apply for asylum, residence, or a passport if there is a chance you will be "discovered" and deported.*
Same in the EU, USA or GB.
I assume those people can't get a bank account in their country of residence, so they are either forced to reply on the Nominee services, or do everything with cash? Isn't it getting harder these days to go by with cash alone? Not to mention the risk of theft

OP, I'm very sorry it happened to you. It could have happened to anyone young/inexperienced.

If you need a citizenship ASAP, maybe look into marriage? Isn't it the fastest way to citizenship? And in the less well-off countries locals might be interested in helping you out that way. Just speculating, never did it myself.

Playing US green card lottery is an option, but I don't know if it'd be possible for you to pass their interview in an event of a win.

You said your country is good with bribes. Maybe you know someone who knows someone higher-up who could help close that case for you?

Last edited:
What's the incentive for his country's law enforcement to seek out such a deal? If they can't put the OP in prison, what else could they gain from him? Bail money?
Statute of limitations! Once it runs out, the crime prescribes and it's a stain on their career. Some even have ambitions for a political career. The ambitious parasites can't have a guy (the OP) out there running around offering them a fair deal to dispense justice and bring some relief to the victims, and they are snubbing him. Will make them look really bad...especially if OP is a vengeful person! ;)

I assume those people can't get a bank account in their country of residence, so they are either forced to reply on the Nominee services, or do everything with cash? Isn't it getting harder these days to go by with cash alone? Not to mention the risk of theft

OP, I'm very sorry it happened to you. It could have happened to anyone young/inexperienced.

If you need a citizenship ASAP, maybe look into marriage? Isn't it the fastest way to citizenship? And in the less well-off countries locals might be interested in helping you out that way.
You just gave me a great idea for OP.

@bingbong - All these "refugees" are coming to Europe on a boat from Africa and getting new IDs and whatnot. New names etc etc. Why can't you?

Reactions: elcontestador
Sorry to ask this question but I guess not be able to see your family is the hardest part on living a life like that. How do you handle it and still not to go to your home country? I could not.

I hope the outcome will be positive brother. Stay strong

Reactions: bingbong
Search the statute of limitations on your crime!

Definition: a statute prescribing a period of limitation for the bringing of certain kinds of legal action.

There may be one. It may only be three years.

E.g. here is one vis-à-vis Singapore:
Limitation Periods: What’s the Deadline for Suing in Singapore?

PS. Technically, in Singapore, there is NO statute of limitations in criminal matters. I say technically because once self-preservation enters the equation, all bets are off.

PSS. I chose Singapore because they are known to be hardnosed about these things :rolleyes:
Good morning. For mine, it's the same as Singapore - no statute of limitations in criminal matters.

So yeah. I guess the point of buying time is like you said not so much on the limitation period but drag it out so they get fed up and would settle for some deal.

The thing is though, even after settling - I still won't be able to have a bank account and the criminal record is still there.

So I'm thinking what's the point - no matter what the outcome, my home country will always be inhospitable to me, like for life.

If you need a citizenship ASAP, maybe look into marriage? Isn't it the fastest way to citizenship? And in the less well-off countries locals might be interested in helping you out that way. Just speculating, never did it myself.

Playing US green card lottery is an option, but I don't know if it'd be possible for you to pass their interview in an event of a win.

You said your country is good with bribes. Maybe you know someone who knows someone higher-up who could help close that case for you?
Thanks for your suggestions, those seem like viable routes for regular folks but in my case I have a record as I did plead guilty like twice (which was a huge mistake) but yeah the country is good with bribes - and the letter of good conduct is issued by the police so there's maybe something there to explore.

Statute of limitations! Once it runs out, the crime prescribes and it's a stain on their career. Some even have ambitions for a political career. The ambitious parasites can't have a guy (the OP) out there running around offering them a fair deal to dispense justice and bring some relief to the victims, and they are snubbing him. Will make them look really bad...especially if OP is a vengeful person! ;)

You just gave me a great idea for OP.

@bingbong - All these "refugees" are coming to Europe on a boat from Africa and getting new IDs and whatnot. New names etc etc. Why can't you?
Thanks for sharing but that seems extremely risky lol

Sorry to ask this question but I guess not be able to see your family is the hardest part on living a life like that. How do you handle it and still not to go to your home country? I could not.

I hope the outcome will be positive brother. Stay strong
Oh, my friends and family do visit me pretty frequently, or we'll just meet up in a neighbouring country.

I do miss my pet though :(

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: jafo
I do miss my pet though
This is the saddest for me! cry&¤

not be able to see your family is the hardest part on living a life like that. How do you handle it and still not to go to your home country? I could not.
If he goes back, he can get caged and then shipped out to a prison in an area of the country too far for his family to visit. People in "government" are petty people. Their entire raison d'être is to hurt others. Hurt people hurt people!

Good morning. For mine, it's the same as Singapore - no statute of limitations in criminal matters.
cry&¤ I'm so sorry to hear this.

Last edited:
Reactions: elcontestador
Yea I've shared most of what I have on Andy with the cops.

The thing is they're not actually charging me with the scamming and even said they know I didn't do it, they're charging me under a different section of the law as a money mule.

And the worst thing is there can be a never-ending stream of cases as I don't know how many Andy or his clients have scammed. As I know now there's 50, 2 of which I've paid off - one with a fine and the other with jailtime AND a fine.

Thanks PT, I need some time to digest what you've said as it's a bit... extreme considering my papers are still valid and I have a couple of years to sort things out. I'm only 20+ , would I want to live my life that way for the rest of it? I'm not too sure...

I'm neither from the Philippines nor Thailand but have visited Thailand many times as a tourist. A plus I have is I'm ethnically (racially?) Chinese but get mistaken as a local everywhere I go so that helps if I were to go that route.

Appreciate your insights thus far.
You don't want to be a money mule in Thailand lol.

They are clamping down on those, and it isn't fines or bribes...

So I'm thinking what's the point - no matter what the outcome, my home country will always be inhospitable to me, like for life.
I think you answered it to yourself. If you don't see how can you live in your home country search another home.
Forget the Caribbean passports, they will disable your passport for the smallest request.

Your best option is probably getting residency and later citizenship through marriage in a different country,
Do you speak Chinese? Since you mentioned you are ethnic Chinese perhaps you can go to China and get a citizenship there, a big plus for you that China doesn't extradite their own citizens.

If you really had no idea what was happening with your bank accounts I'm sorry for you, this happens to a lot of young people.
I wish you the best.

I think you answered it to yourself.
Yep! Good catch, BTW.
Forget the Caribbean passports, they will disable your passport for the smallest request.
You hit the nail right on the head! Any request (positive or negative) and one can kiss their passport *ss goodbye!
Do you speak Chinese? Since you mentioned you are ethnic Chinese perhaps you can go to China and get a citizenship there, a big plus for you that China doesn't extradite their own citizens.
#Bingo They also are aware that many fraudsters have scammed their own Chinese citizens, so they are more forgiving. Even some party leaders elderly parents got scammed, used, & abused by these scammers. Most lost their life savings. And definitely, the Chinese do NOT extradite their own. I remember in the 80s and 90s former college buddies working then in 3-letter agencies telling stories that the Chinese MLAT counterparts won't even acknowledge the existence of ANY request that included Chinese citizens. rof/%
If you really had no idea what was happening with your bank accounts I'm sorry for you, this happens to a lot of young people.
It happened to me in the 80s. My own older brother, married to a suspicious family in Miami, fooled me and scammed me as soon as I turned 18 (an adult there), into signing a life insurance that in the case of my early "departure" would allow them, the beneficiaries, to collect the sum of $250K. Mind you, I was in the US with a student visa & a full-blown academic scholarship to do a double major in Electrical & Computer Engineering. doh948""

That "was family". Those were people my mom & dad reared and trusted and "forced" me to trust them also, notwithstanding my trepidation and objections. Talk about gullibility and stupidity mixed and empowered. doh948""

So, yes...if you had parents who warned you about these things (I didn't - the Southern Europeans were all about "family"), you can easily escape becoming a target. On the other hand, I did have Northern Europeans as neighbors who REALLY warned me and told me my parents were COMPLETELY wrong, so due to these Northern Europeans, I was able to avoid life's disasters.

PS. I was born and grew up on a Northern European colonial island where my "Southern European" parents were immigrants & everyone trusted everyone and nobody locked their doors, so the concept of scams was alien to me, although I did have the elderly (Northern Europeans) on the island warn me that America is NOT "the good/angelic place" they portrayed in Hollywood...and neither was the world!

Although this situation feels dramatic from closeby there are much worse things than this. You haven't murdered someone or set up a large tax fraud, where you can get 30 years to life sentence. Why would someone even suggest here asking for asylum in the EU, that's ridiculous.

Spending some months in jail isn't the end of the world and as you said you can pay of the cops or pay some fine.

Life is a wave with its ups and downs, just see this as a lesson and move on.

Since you have 5 years on your passport and already moved abroad, open a business in a SEA country or multiple countries you want to reside, obtain residence and open personal and business bank accounts.

One problem is already solved this way as you can store your savings on accounts, have your residence set in that country so no crs to your home country. With your debit and credit card and well EMI you can pay and withdraw in your home country.

After a few years when you plan to go back or when you need to renew your passport, just face the consequences. You will not be put on red alert with interpol for such a small crime so unless you go back to your home country you have no risk.

You don't need a lawyer for each case, find a good lawyer for one or a few cases, do your homework and use the same oppositions used by the lawyer to handle your other cases.

Take it easy, how you are acting and panicking now is worse than being in jail. Accept things as they come and handle them in a calm way, in the end this is just an experience in life.. one of the many.

I think you answered it to yourself. If you don't see how can you live in your home country search another home.

Your best option is probably getting residency and later citizenship through marriage in a different country,

I wish you the best.
Yes I do speak Mandarin, and Cantonese. I'm wondering though what happens if my current passport expires prior to obtaining the citizenship? And yes I have absolutely no idea - and that's the issue, I don't know how many victims there are, i.e. how many potential cases!

Yep! Good catch, BTW.

You hit the nail right on the head! Any request (positive or negative) and one can kiss their passport *ss goodbye!

#Bingo They also are aware that many fraudsters have scammed their own Chinese citizens, so they are more forgiving. Even some party leaders elderly parents got scammed, used, & abused by these scammers. Most lost their life savings. And definitely, the Chinese do NOT extradite their own. I remember in the 80s and 90s former college buddies working then in 3-letter agencies telling stories that the Chinese MLAT counterparts won't even acknowledge the existence of ANY request that included Chinese citizens. rof/%

It happened to me in the 80s. My own older brother, married to a suspicious family in Miami, fooled me and scammed me as soon as I turned 18 (an adult there), into signing a life insurance that in the case of my early "departure" would allow them, the beneficiaries, to collect the sum of $250K. Mind you, I was in the US with a student visa & a full-blown academic scholarship to do a double major in Electrical & Computer Engineering. doh948""

That "was family". Those were people my mom & dad reared and trusted and "forced" me to trust them also, notwithstanding my trepidation and objections. Talk about gullibility and stupidity mixed and empowered. doh948""

So, yes...if you had parents who warned you about these things (I didn't - the Southern Europeans were all about "family"), you can easily escape becoming a target. On the other hand, I did have Northern Europeans as neighbors who REALLY warned me and told me my parents were COMPLETELY wrong, so due to these Northern Europeans, I was able to avoid life's disasters.

PS. I was born and grew up on a Northern European colonial island where my "Southern European" parents were immigrants & everyone trusted everyone and nobody locked their doors, so the concept of scams was alien to me, although I did have the elderly (Northern Europeans) on the island warn me that America is NOT "the good/angelic place" they portrayed in Hollywood...and neither was the world!
Jafo, I get what you mean especially the part where about trusting everyone and the idea of scams being foreign to you.

It's like - you would never do such a thing so you can't fathom someone being so evil as to commit such acts.

I was scammed on a dating site before this, thankfully only got my feelings hurt and lost my time - but now this lol.

Although this situation feels dramatic from closeby there are much worse things than this. You haven't murdered someone or set up a large tax fraud, where you can get 30 years to life sentence. Why would someone even suggest here asking for asylum in the EU, that's ridiculous.

Spending some months in jail isn't the end of the world and as you said you can pay of the cops or pay some fine.

Life is a wave with its ups and downs, just see this as a lesson and move on.

Since you have 5 years on your passport and already moved abroad, open a business in a SEA country or multiple countries you want to reside, obtain residence and open personal and business bank accounts.

One problem is already solved this way as you can store your savings on accounts, have your residence set in that country so no crs to your home country. With your debit and credit card and well EMI you can pay and withdraw in your home country.

After a few years when you plan to go back or when you need to renew your passport, just face the consequences. You will not be put on red alert with interpol for such a small crime so unless you go back to your home country you have no risk.

You don't need a lawyer for each case, find a good lawyer for one or a few cases, do your homework and use the same oppositions used by the lawyer to handle your other cases.

Take it easy, how you are acting and panicking now is worse than being in jail. Accept things as they come and handle them in a calm way, in the end this is just an experience in life.. one of the many.
Hi Mike, thanks for chiming in. You can tell I'm panicking eh? Still have a bit of PTSD from jail lol it was bad, like real bad...

Thanks for outlining some short term and long term solutions.

Ok, so for now yes I've incorporated a UK LTD and have gotten an EMI for it [UK > Possible route?]

Next step is - like you mentioned, incorporating companies in the region and/or getting those nomad/freelancer residencies.

Am doing work online to accumulate capital, regardless of what I choose to do I'm gonna need it.

As for the cases - I don't know man... still kinda terrified of the whole process.

Last edited:
Why would anyone risk investing into their passport if it's so easily revoked?

Because they are not a criminal and lead normal lives but just unfortunate to be born in a country with a weak passport.

Shooting themselves in the foot, are they? Why would anyone risk investing into their passport if it's so easily revoked?
these banana republics must show that they have “strong due diligence processes” with facts.

Nb I say banana republics not because of the locals, who are nice and form a real nation, but of their politicians. Look at Skerrit in Dominica, for example.

Last edited: