Our valued sponsor

MeDirect Malta / FCM Bank Malta

Silvio

Pro Member
Jun 1, 2018
Visit site
Anybody here used MeDIrect or FCM Bank in Malta and care to give his opinion? They are both opening accounts as it seems.

Apparently FCM Bank has bad reviews on Google but they all have bad Google reviews..

Reactions: JohnLocke
I can recommend both of them.
If you need a tax statement, only FCM Bank will give you the documents. For MeDirect you have to calculate your gained interest on your own based on the bank account statements.

For FCM Bank the login process is somewhat complicated. For every login you need username, password, security question (they will ask 3 letters out of it) and SMS verification.

For FCM Bank the login process is somewhat complicated. For every login you need username, password, security question (they will ask 3 letters out of it) and SMS verification.
Very complicated for day to day banking. If you only store you money there for some time and don't need to login everyday it may be acceptable.

Beside the thread where people claim it to be a no go, are there some people around that can confirm they are valid and we may use them at some point?

I´ve only had good experiences with MeDirect. They did block my account for withdrawals, but it with quickly removed when I provided them with the required KYC documents. That said, MeDirect dont offer debit cards, so its not good for day to day banking.

Very complicated for day to day banking. If you only store you money there for some time and don't need to login everyday it may be acceptable.
They officially only provide savings and term deposits.
MeDirect could be used like daily banking, because you can send and receive money to/from third parties.

For FCM you have to use a linked account, where all the money comes from and goes to.

As said already on here Medirect bank is really only for investing. They don't provide cards, stopped taking cash deposit in 2017. It's considered a core bank in Malta so would be bailed out if anything happens to it smi(&%. They have a branch in Belgium also. I had my account frozen for a while after I removed assets from it but no complaints now.

I have never used FCM bank.

MeDirect: I used to have an account with them. They closed it with barely any notice. If you need to rely on the account for day to day stuff its probably not worth the effort of setting it up (depending on your niche and risk).

Don't you think Malta separate the bad sheep from the good ones ?

Not good by medirect but not the end of the world considering its covid19 related losses. The bank is transforming I must say with a good first attempt at a mobile banking app and a move into the funds market.

Only issue is a Malta bank is a Malta bank :confused:.

BlackCatCard and Ferratum can be opened remotely and provide MT IBAN, if you reside in a supported country.

Spinnaker is from Malta it says in profile so Ferratum is a waste of time. Although it's based in Malta it never offered services to Maltese residents. I remember them some years ago just closing all clients accounts down indiscriminately and restarting over.

Are they even offering personal banking services these days?

Spinnaker is from Malta it says in profile so Ferratum is a waste of time. Although it's based in Malta it never offered services to Maltese residents. I remember them some years ago just closing all clients accounts down indiscriminately and restarting over.

Are they even offering personal banking services these days?
It looks like they are out business. There's no way to open a new account on their website.

Finductive looks fine for business purposes, but for my daily needs (personal use) I thinks that I'll try BlackCatCard.

Thank you all guys!

@Spinnaker In worst case you can try Emoney.

Reactions: Spinnaker

Latest Threads