Mercury personal account

JohnnyDoe

Schrödinger's guy
Mentor Group Lifetime
Dec 6, 2021
beach
Visit site
Just received:

This is a big day for Mercury — not only does it mark our 5th anniversary, but it’s the official launch day of Mercury Personal.

Personal banking 1 has been highly requested by the founders and builders we serve on the business side for years, so I’m beyond excited to bring the Mercury experience to personal accounts. It offers the same powerful UI, a 5.00% APY on savings, 2 up to $5M FDIC insurance, 3 and so much more — all for an annual subscription of $240.

The waitlist is open now — help us spread the word!​
As a thank you for helping us build what Mercury is today, I want to invite you to get priority access. We’ll be onboarding customers to Mercury Personal slowly to ensure the best experience. By using the link below, you’ll be at the top of the list. We’ll reach out when a spot opens up.​

$240$/year for only a USD account with an EMI. I have never used Mercury, so probably I am missing something. I cannot find if they will accept non-US residents.
You get classic FDIC-insured accounts via Evolve Bank and Choice Financial. You also have access to relatively cheap and quick wires.

They do accept non-US for this; it's one of their main selling points. The personal account is available only for customers who hold business accounts for their US LLCs @ Mercury already.

It's not too bad of a yearly price, I would say.

Reactions: Radko and JohnLocke
Just received:

This is a big day for Mercury — not only does it mark our 5th anniversary, but it’s the official launch day of Mercury Personal.

Personal banking 1 has been highly requested by the founders and builders we serve on the business side for years, so I’m beyond excited to bring the Mercury experience to personal accounts. It offers the same powerful UI, a 5.00% APY on savings, 2 up to $5M FDIC insurance, 3 and so much more — all for an annual subscription of $240.

As a thank you for helping us build what Mercury is today, I want to invite you to get priority access. We’ll be onboarding customers to Mercury Personal slowly to ensure the best experience. By using the link below, you’ll be at the top of the list. We’ll reach out when a spot opens up.​

That's cool, I haven't received this email though

Just received:

What do I need to apply for an account?​

You'll need a SSN and a U.S. residential address to apply. We may also ask for a copy of a government-issued ID.

That's fantastic news for those who already have a business account with them and want a personal USD account.

SSN can be easily obtained by non-residents too, if you do not have any US source income you will file a 1040-NR but will not pay any taxes.
How does this give you a SSN? You will fold your 1040-NR with a W-7 and maybe get an ITIN. SSN is only available at the embassy or SSA and they check your passport stamp. Visa waiver won't get you far.

Reactions: Alexmorgan

Latest Threads