Our valued sponsor

Monero tracking

Is it trackable or was it during 2018? What could Pony provide that a high-level statistician, mathematician and compuer scientist could not come up with hired by the government? I think Monero right now still is safe if you use proper OpSec.

We had a dev team we paid yearly 5 million USD .Top notch devs which are working now on top 30 projects as leader devs.
And it took them nearly 5 years to find out that a scammer dev minted an additional 250 millions of tokens and sold them over time.
So much to your question what he could provide.
If he knows what he is doing and how to hide it there is no way to find it quickly.
That scammer dev tricked everyone.Our devs,our community even the code was open source,Dan Larimer who created EOS,Exchange Audits etc......
It came out by luck when a dev was rewriting an old code and stumbled on it.

We had a dev team we paid yearly 5 million USD .Top notch devs which are working now on top 30 projects as leader devs.
And it took them nearly 5 years to find out that a scammer dev minted an additional 250 millions of tokens and sold them over time.
So much to your question what he could provide.
If he knows what he is doing and how to hide it there is no way to find it quickly.
That scammer dev tricked everyone.Our devs,our community even the code was open source,Dan Larimer who created EOS,Exchange Audits etc......
It came out by luck when a dev was rewriting an old code and stumbled on it.
What's the project?

There is quite a big difference between an inflation bug and monero being fully traceable.

What's the project?

There is quite a big difference between an inflation bug and monero being fully traceable.
Bitshares created by Dan Larimer as main dev and later took over by lead dev Ryan Fox who is now leading algorand.
We had alot of top devs even with Dr.Dr. titles who are all now in other big projects involved.
DAI creator was also orginaly from bitshares from where he took the idea of an algo backed stablecoin.In bitshares the stablecoin was backed by BTS and in DAI by ETH.Bitshares stablecoin failed many times (getting under colleteralized) because of way lower market liquidity making its stablecoin gets depegged in big bear markets.

The best part it was no inflation bug.The amount of BTS was fixed with a public reserve fund for development administrated via DAO.
Noone saw that reserve fund had nearly 30% less tokens and that these tokens were circulating even the auditors from binance,huobi,bittrex,poloniex etc
It was a big shock for everyone.

Last edited:
The code is open-source. It is not like FluffyPony can magically crack it, and all git pushes are heavily scrutinized by the community. It would be interesting if James Edwards could provide us with intel on how Fluffy could have possibly helped law enforcement trace Monero. I would bet my money that IF Fluffy did help law enforcement, it did not involve the Monero codebase or some secret vuln, but secretly hosting block explorers, wallets, mobile apps and other centralized convenient services used only by people with no understanding of blockchain tech.

Imagine using MyMonero as your crypto wallet. Lol...
Feather wallet is a good alternative to MyMonero!

It's trackable, this was done in exchange for him not being indicted in the US, what fool works on such a currency and lives / resides in the US, he was however extradited to ZA, which is where the paper-trail shows he's been providing information to the UK Gov etc on unmasking/tracking transactions.
Adding to my previous post, I was recently re-reading some papers and stumbled upon the old piece that Chainanalysis was boasting to the Italian police in leaked documents that it can secure leads on 80% of Monero transactions BEFORE the Pony exit and subsequent upgrade. This was only because the Monero was reconverted to BTC and BCH though (it where funds stolen through a major ransomware attack).

Statistically, only a small amount of transactions are transfers from known non-KYC swap exchanges or function calls to privacy contracts. If you track these on every chain, it becomes relatively easy to trace large amounts of funds that are being chain-hopped / swapped cross-chain.

For one, you should ALWAYS use your own node if you want to stay anonymous. I would not really say it is Monero that is causing the spills of data but more the carelessness of users. Z-Cash looked pretty untraceable but it became possible to track transactions because shielding was optional and only a tiny amount of transactions even used shielding.

The inherent publicity of blockchain transactions is a big problem that I would love to see solved sooner rather than later. The government has no business analyzing everyone's financial transactions for the "greater good". For those interested, this is an interesting paper and this is an amazing book that I would advice everyone to read.

I liked it, and I’m still holding it, but I guess xmr is better
Thanks for responding. I know that you are a big fan of monero :) I suppose right now when we are in the bear market people are not very keen on discussing cryptos that have devaluated. I imagine many are in the red at the moment. Let's hope 2024 will bring some relief.

Latest Threads