Our valued sponsor

Moving to Dubai

Which ones do you prefer Jim??
And why you dont like Damac could you elaborate??
Poor built quality, low quality materials, problems with replacement of items under warranty, no response or delays when you want to report an issue etc.
Good friends of mine live in DAMAC building in Business Bay and they have constant issues (fire alarms go on daily and in the night, gas leakages, problems with hot/cold water, kitchen appliances broke in warranty, etc). I even met the architect of that building and he told me that damac have changed materials with cheaper ones during the construction (replaced marble with tiles etc).

I know damac also has luxury projects so these are probably of better quality (damac cavali tower or damac hills might be a better quality)

Emaar is probably a bit better (no personal experience though).
If you have the money then you should check out Select Group or Meraas. Or even some smaller boutique developers if you're looking for something specific.

Reactions: troubled soul
Poor built quality, low quality materials, problems with replacement of items under warranty, no response or delays when you want to report an issue etc.
Good friends of mine live in DAMAC building in Business Bay and they have constant issues (fire alarms go on daily and in the night, gas leakages, problems with hot/cold water, kitchen appliances broke in warranty, etc). I even met the architect of that building and he told me that damac have changed materials with cheaper ones during the construction (replaced marble with tiles etc).

I know damac also has luxury projects so these are probably of better quality (damac cavali tower or damac hills might be a better quality)

Emaar is probably a bit better (no personal experience though).
If you have the money then you should check out Select Group or Meraas. Or even some smaller boutique developers if you're looking for something specific.
Thanks Jim for the details .This is very good first hand information for us.I am looking at buying something in Dubai to get residency in Dubai.This will help immensely.

Thanks Jim for the details .This is very good first hand information for us.I am looking at buying something in Dubai to get residency in Dubai.This will help immensely.
You don't have to buy anything - you can just rent. It's really not a must.
If you plan on living in Dubai at least 5 years that it kind of makes sense to buy otherwise it may not be worth it.

You can get residency by buying a real estate worth 2M AED (about €500) one or multiple of combined value:

The other option is starting a company or getting hired by a company (finding a job) that will sponsor your visa.

Hello everyone, I'm also moving to Dubai - waiting for Emirates ID right now.
I would need to find an apartment for rent in October, but as far as I know, prices are expected to raise after summer, is that right?

Does anyone have a suggestion here about how much this is expected to increase - i.e., is it better to start the rental contract now and move later, or to just wait and pay more?

Hello everyone, I'm also moving to Dubai - waiting for Emirates ID right now.
I would need to find an apartment for rent in October, but as far as I know, prices are expected to raise after summer, is that right?

Does anyone have a suggestion here about how much this is expected to increase - i.e., is it better to start the rental contract now and move later, or to just wait and pay more?
Think about the renewal... Will you be there next year in July for renewal... If not or maybe not then better rent in in September or October when the chances are higher that you'll be in Dubai.

Think about the renewal... Will you be there next year in July for renewal... If not or maybe not then better rent in in September or October when the chances are higher that you'll be in Dubai.
Thank you, that makes sense. Which kind of increase in rental price can I expect if I wait until October/November?
Will it be much harder to find apartments in downtown/business bay?

Thank you, that makes sense. Which kind of increase in rental price can I expect if I wait until October/November?
Will it be much harder to find apartments in downtown/business bay?
The rent price may change a bit but not that much. Prices are rising however but no one knows what might happen in a couple of months.
If you would have to travel just to renew the tenancy contract - that might cost you more than the actual increase in the price in summer vs in autumn.
It just can't be hard to find apartment in Dubai as the offer is huge (compared to other places in the world).

You may have the problem only in case you want a specific building or a flat with specific layout, or a tight budget etc.
Otherwise you should have no issues finding a place.

Reactions: cer955
Fyi, minimum 6 months a year in a (permanent) residence needed for the tax residence certificate, otherwise considered as tax resident in your previous country.
The "your previous country" is important here. For some places it is enough to be able to proof to not be there "in your previous country" any more.

Latest Threads