Our valued sponsor

Question Moving to Spain with Family and concerned about Wealth Tax

It is amazing to see how quickly the world can change and affect entire regions and countries.

I visited the Balears few years ago, loved the weather, loved the nature; most of the locals seemed well off.

I also remember a lot of annoying loud British tourists. I was shocked to see the capital of Mallorca has a metro line - when I visited it was almost empty, a train running every 30 minutes and one of the lines basically ending in the middle of nowhere in a desert next to some fig trees. Now I imagine it is even more empty than it was empty when I visited... I wonder how such projects are created and calculated.

If I were local, I'd probably would have been complaining about the tourists' behaviour - but now a drastic change in the world happened and a mindshift happened - COVID - and TBH I'm not sure if places like this will ever return to their former status.

It is amazing to see how quickly the world can change and affect entire regions and countries.

I visited the Balears few years ago, loved the weather, loved the nature; most of the locals seemed well off.

I also remember a lot of annoying loud British tourists. I was shocked to see the capital of Mallorca has a metro line - when I visited it was almost empty, a train running every 30 minutes and one of the lines basically ending in the middle of nowhere in a desert next to some fig trees. Now I imagine it is even more empty than it was empty when I visited... I wonder how such projects are created and calculated.

If I were local, I'd probably would have been complaining about the tourists' behaviour - but now a drastic change in the world happened and a mindshift happened - COVID - and TBH I'm not sure if places like this will ever return to their former status.
A very good question... Hard to tell at the moment. Well if they leave the euro or the euro dissolves and it becomes cheap like third world like cheap, maybe it comes back.

Last time I was there it was hustling and bustling and simple language requirements were enough to get a job interview as realtor. How things change indeed.

Reactions: buliwyfa

Latest Threads