Our valued sponsor

Multi-currency account offering Argentine peso?

Anyone know any non-resident, personal, offshore multi-currency bank accounts (outside Argentina) that can receive and spend, especially via debit card, Argentine peso?

If ARS is generally only available to business MCAs, does the Argentine government restrict ARS transfers from an Argentine bank to the offshore account? It seems govt is only concerned with purchase of USD with ARS, not ARS to ARS transactions.

Is it possible for a bank to actually hold ARS outside of Argentina, or would any bank offering such hold the ARS via a correspondent bank within Argentina?

Ultimately I'm looking for a way to spend ARS via debit card outside of Argentina, so the purchasing won't be subject to the 30% & 35% taxes.

Is it possible for a bank to actually hold ARS outside of Argentina, or would any bank offering such hold the ARS via a correspondent bank within Argentina?
At Op, thus far banks outside Argentina,would hold the basic currencies ie USD/EURO/GBP and then its national native currency.

Anyone know any non-resident, personal, offshore multi-currency bank accounts (outside Argentina) that can receive and spend, especially via debit card, Argentine peso?
OP...The options for the above would be twofold.

A currency debit card that directly receives ARS deposits via local argentine banks via swift facility/alternatively
Conversion of ARS into crypto via direct loading of crypto into the debit card..(this should ideally be a crypto prepaid card with certain holding limits)

Get a bank acct,with full access attached with a debit card, bank should be setup as a biz acct specifically catering/ receiving periodic payments from Argentina, setting up along this criteria would allow for longterm transfers seamlessly into the biz acct without questions as this has been indicated from initial setup..funds received into the biz acct, would be accessed via the D.C attached to it.

For specific banks and blueprints,subscribe for the MG, that would sure get you pointed in the right direction..cig-:,

Reactions: jjrapy
Ultimately I'm looking for a way to spend ARS via debit card outside of Argentina, so the purchasing won't be subject to the 30% & 35% taxes.
There's no way you can use an ARS-loaded debit card outside Argentina without paying the 30 and 35% taxes. If you purchase something abroad, the store will want to receive its payment in hard currency (EUR/USD) as its owner won't even know what an Argentine Peso is; therefore your ARS will have to be converted and, according to the local regulations, such currency exchange must be taxed with 65%.

Reactions: jjrapy
There's no way you can use an ARS-loaded debit card outside Argentina without paying the 30 and 35% taxes. If you purchase something abroad, the store will want to receive its payment in hard currency (EUR/USD) as its owner won't even know what an Argentine Peso is; therefore your ARS will have to be converted and, according to the local regulations, such currency exchange must be taxed with 65%.
I have a particular vendor in mind for this arrangement that is operating online out of UK, wants ARS via Visa/MC debit card (not hard currency). Will the vendor convert it? Probably, but if I can make the payments outside of the ARG banking system it seems the 65% taxes are legally avoided. I'd be paying in ARS for a commodity priced in ARS (not in converted currency). The vendor claims to know nothing about these taxes, which means it isn't withholding or paying them--the ARG bank would need to withhold them (despite them being inapplicable--requiring the hassle of a refund) but I wouldn't be using an ARG bank (if I can find one).

It seems hard to believe that no bank or other financial intermediary in the world will touch ARS for less than a day that this purchase process would take, unless it were illegal, and even then.

I have a particular vendor in mind for this arrangement that is operating online out of UK, wants ARS via Visa/MC debit card (not hard currency). Will the vendor convert it? Probably, but if I can make the payments outside of the ARG banking system it seems the 65% taxes are legally avoided. I'd be paying in ARS for a commodity priced in ARS (not in converted currency). The vendor claims to know nothing about these taxes, which means it isn't withholding or paying them--the ARG bank would need to withhold them (despite them being inapplicable--requiring the hassle of a refund) but I wouldn't be using an ARG bank (if I can find one).

It seems hard to believe that no bank or other financial intermediary in the world will touch ARS for less than a day that this purchase process would take, unless it were illegal, and even then.
ARS outside Argentina worth nothing. Period. You could use it to make a bonfire.
Who will be brave enough to touch ARS and deal with so much instability?

Latest Threads