Our valued sponsor

Multiple bank accounts

santosg

BANNED MEMBER
Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
If someone opens up a bunch of different bank accounts at different banks in the u.s. for a smurf without the smurf knowing about it, then how could the smurf receive funds from brazil, singapore, indonesia, ect.... without raising red flags sooner or later?

Are you writing a book or doing some sort of school work? Your questions are vague and hard to answer in any meaningful way.

Yes, there’s a risk you’ll get caught. Banks can submit reports for any activity that is suspicious, regardless of amount. So even if you don’t trigger any predefined rules, you can still get caught.

You won't get away with that unless you have a very good plan and some really good financial connections somewhere.

Smurfing is a money laundering technique used by criminal groups. To bring back the money from USA they use immigrants that will receive a small amount of money + a fee, send the small amount (and go under the radar). You repeat this with 2 000 colombian immigrants in New York and you get how the Cali Cartel was bringing back large sum of money back to Colombia without ringing any alarm.

Smurfing is a money laundering technique used by criminal groups. To bring back the money from USA they use immigrants that will receive a small amount of money + a fee, send the small amount (and go under the radar). You repeat this with 2 000 colombian immigrants in New York and you get how the Cali Cartel was bringing back large sum of money back to Colombia without ringing any alarm.
Well thats weird because i read a long time ago that if many different bank accounts were opened on behalf a smurf without the smurf ever knowing about it someone was trying to accomplish something.... they wouldnt bother going into further detail...

Smurfing is a money laundering technique used by criminal groups.
and you asking here because you are an a*****e and think people will get up with the perfect plan on a public forum or you asking because you are an idiot and believe to get the rights answer, either way, I feel you are an idiot.

Well thats weird because i read a long time ago that if many different bank accounts were opened on behalf a smurf without the smurf ever knowing about it someone was trying to accomplish something.... they wouldnt bother going into further detail...
They will use the identity of the person to open the account, and then go to the bank put the cash while using the identity of the victim. But this is only done by small organisation. Huge criminal organisations that have influence over the community of immigrants prefer to use real person (because they won't go to the police reporting someone opened an account under their name)
It's super rare because only dumb criminals do this.
and you asking here because you are an a*****e and think people will get up with the perfect plan on a public forum or you asking because you are an idiot and believe to get the rights answer, either way, I feel you are an idiot.
You know i am not the author of this post ?

Reactions: uplana
They will use the identity of the person to open the account, and then go to the bank put the cash while using the identity of the victim. But this is only done by small organisation. Huge criminal organisations that have influence over the community of immigrants prefer to use real person (because they won't go to the police reporting someone opened an account under their name)
It's super rare because only dumb criminals do this.

You know i am not the author of this post ?
I think he meant to tag the other person