Our valued sponsor

Multiple businesses (share classes) through a single IBC?

protonos

Mar 13, 2019
Visit site
Has anyone run multiple businesses through a single IBC? Or added share classes to their IBC?

I see under Seychelles IBC Act that a company can have more than one share class, and that a share class can represent ownership and dividends on a specific asset. Could I have XYZ IBC and then have Class A shares represent a specific property/business (ie. rental property) and then have Class B represent a different property/business (ie. farmland), whereas each class of shares would pay dividends to the investors related to their share class and specific asset/business?

Possibly yes but you'd need to draft it up properly with a lawyer (I'm thinking a specifically-written company constitution, which would most likely be expensive) and there would probably need to be some weird way things are run and unorthodox concepts applied to the whole setup.

But Seychelles is remarkably cheap to set up in - why bother? Why not just set up an IBC for each business avenue? The legal documentation of doing what you're interested in is probably going to be a lot more expensive than just setting up one IBC for each business :D