Our valued sponsor

MULTIPLE MID ACQUIRER - MULTIPLE PAYMENTS PROVIDERS

Newsecar

Mar 9, 2019
Visit site
Hi.

I was wondering if I can have more then one payment service provider?

From what I've been reading its possible to have more then one. But not sure about what I've read. The thing is when you open a merchant account in acquirer bank they provide you with a unique merchant ID (MID).

So, can I have more then one MID? Are the MID just for the bank, so I mean if I have another merchant account with another acquirer I will have the same MID or they create another one?

I have a business and I have a POS terminal. My thing is can I have another terminal from another bank, from another payment service provider, both at the same time? Does it sounds normal?

Thanks

I have a business and I have a POS terminal. My thing is can I have another terminal from another bank, from another payment service provider, both at the same time? Does it sounds normal?
as already said here, yes it is very normal to do that and possible.

Reactions: Newsecar
Ok. Cool. So let's say an example.... imagine a taxi driver, he can have 2 different mobile POS terminals from different providers in his car and each of the providers doesn't know that the taxi driver has another POS MACHINE with another bank, and can't never know.

Thanks

Yes, you can have multiple MIDs and merchant accounts with the same processor or multiple processors. It's very common.

Think of MID as a bank account number. It's unique to you, but only for that one particular financial institution.

Ok. Cool. So let's say an example.... imagine a taxi driver, he can have 2 different mobile POS terminals from different providers in his car and each of the providers doesn't know that the taxi driver has another POS MACHINE with another bank, and can't never know

Latest Threads