Our valued sponsor

N26 from an unsupported country

evildoer93

Feb 10, 2021
Visit site
I have opened an account with N26 while I'm a resident of an unsupported country. They only asked for my ID, and when I signed up I used my friend's address who is located in a supported country. So far had no transactions with them and I don't plan to make transactions for quite some time. I don't even plan to use their card. For Tax info, I used my real tax number from my country.

Does anyone know if N26 closed anyone's account on a basis of not living in the country where they registered? I have searched the internet and so far I haven't found such a case.

Reactions: JohnLocke
Does anyone know if N26 closed anyone's account on a basis of not living in the country where they registered? I have searched the internet and so far I haven't found such a case.
as mentioned here in the thread already you are asking for trouble by doing it the way you did.

I would get myself a utility bill for my own address, contact N26 and tell them that you moved to that address, so you may avoid any account closure.

Don't notify them; they will close your account as soon as they find out you've moved to an unsupported country. They can only find out you live in an unsupported country through ATM withdrawals and paying at POS terminals, so don't use their card.

My account still works fine.

Don't notify them; they will close your account as soon as they find out you've moved to an unsupported country. They can only find out you live in an unsupported country through ATM withdrawals and paying at POS terminals, so don't use their card.

If you ever send money to this account from another account which has your current address on file, N26 can see your new address since it's included in the incoming transaction. They probably don't look at every single transaction but the risk is there.

If you ever send money to this account from another account which has your current address on file, N26 can see your new address since it's included in the incoming transaction. They probably don't look at every single transaction but the risk is there.
+ If you deregister for tax purposes from your EU country, that taxman will get CRS info that you still use N26 with your old address, old tax jurisdiction and still have ties. A recipe for tax investigation if you're really tax nonresident or not.

+ If you deregister for tax purposes from your EU country, that taxman will get CRS info that you still use N26 with your old address, old tax jurisdiction and still have ties. A recipe for tax investigation if you're really tax nonresident or not.
That depends on your local laws.
Some places allow this as long as you do not live there or have more ties elsewhere.

Latest Threads