Our valued sponsor

Need help, how to screenshot or print a conversation from skype?

JohnLocke

Administrator
Dec 29, 2008
Europe
Visit site
This may come to a surprise that I'm unknown about how to print a conversation from skype, sorry... can someone tell me how you guys do screenshots from an entire conversation or print it?

Press print screen button on keyboard, open ms paint and paste with ctrl + v, save your screenshot.

If it’s a big conversation where you need to scroll up and down you will need multiple screenshots, you can paste them together in paint or just save a bunch of files might be easier.

Another option is use something called “Snipping tool” on windows , it should already be installed. I’m not so familiar with it but I don’t think it’s very complicated.

Reactions: JohnLocke
Thank you very much... the screenshot function I knew... but the problem is indeed that it is a big conversation... so there are many screenshots to make.

To create one big image you would need to do a lot of screenshots and join them together in image editing software, mspaint can work for that, you can drag down at the bottom of the ‘canvas’ (white box you are drawing in) to keep extending and image and pasting more parts, that sounds like a lot of work though.

Maybe you can just export your chat history from Skype? Instructions on this page:

Reactions: JohnLocke
@James Spader
When Data is big or multiple screenshot required ,
It is better to export the whole conversions than screenshot. taking screenshot is foolish and time consuming when Chat is big.

1. Sign in to the Export page with your Microsoft account.
  2. Select the option to download your Conversations, Files, or both.
    • Exported messages include Skype and SMS messages, polls, scheduled calls, swift cards, and location shares.
    • Exported media includes files, pictures, videos, video messages, voice mail, and call recordings.
  3. Select Submit request then select Continue when prompted.
  4. You will need to check back periodically to the export page on the status of your export, which you can see at the top of the page under Available Exports. A link to download your files will also appear there when they are available to download.
  5. Click the Download button to download your files.

Thank you, figured it out at some point. I'm really surprised that it's not possible to simply hit PRINT or DOWNLOAD and you get your conversation in some sort of PDF.

It's always the same with these shitty Microsoft products, they make it unnecessary complicated.