Our valued sponsor

Nevis or belize, which has stonger asset protection?

hayabusa

Offshore Agent
Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi there guys, been sometime since i came here. At the moment i'm planning to start a company in nevis or belize. My main aim/requirement is that i want it to be very strong to protect me from lawsuits. The reason i want to open a offshore company is not because i want to avoid tax but because in my country i'm not allowed to certain business. So i'm left with no other choice but to consider opening a company offshore.

In past i had have few clients/buyers that reported me to the law enforcement(I was able to prove i was innocent) etc and i'm tired of this. I want to start a dropshipping biz similar to aliexpress.com . I want it to make it hard for anyone to file a lawsuit against me and that is why i want the company to be in nevis or belize and the bank in another jurisdiction.

The reason i like nevis is because it says there is a $100,000 bond/deposit amount for creditors to place before starting a lawsuit. I'm not worried about tax issues but more worried about lawsuits.

I'm open to advices and ideas and hope someone could point me in the right direction. Also is opening a buisness/corporate bank account difficult and will i have to go down persoanlly? I'm thinking of hong kong since it's nearer to me.. Thanks

Reactions: bastard
I think the answer is more complex as, for example, if you were a Nevis company operating in the US, or servicing US customers, you'd be exposed to lawsuits in the US courts, and they're pretty good at reaching your assets.

It is possible to get bank accounts for Caribbean companies, but it is not easy. However if your business is legitimate it is definitely possible.

Reactions: Andrew Gooden
I think the answer is more complex as, for example, if you were a Nevis company operating in the US, or servicing US customers, you'd be exposed to lawsuits in the US courts, and they're pretty good at reaching your assets.

It is possible to get bank accounts for Caribbean companies, but it is not easy. However if your business is legitimate it is definitely possible.

i plan to be have a nevis company operation in singapore, also aren't nevis asset proctection strong? if i'm not wrong they have a $100,000(Not sure if they still exist as i read on some sites that they had removed that amount) bond that needs to be placed before the creditors can file a lawsuit?

Bank account for Nevis/Belize in a good bank is not easy to get these days, you would need to dig deep and most likely deposit at least 30k before (and if) any bank accepts you.

Regarding lawsuits, I can not help much.

30k wow that is alot of money. It there other options? because i like the protection that nevis offers.. Is there something similar to nevis?

i plan to be have a nevis company operation in singapore, also aren't nevis asset proctection strong? if i'm not wrong they have a $100,000(Not sure if they still exist as i read on some sites that they had removed that amount) bond that needs to be placed before the creditors can file a lawsuit?

Maybe so (I don't really know about the $100k bond protection) but regardless, that would be only for the case where the creditor sues you in a Nevis court. If your money is kept in Singapore, and your operation/creditor are based in Singapore, why would be bother suing you in Nevis?

Maybe so (I don't really know about the $100k bond protection) but regardless, that would be only for the case where the creditor sues you in a Nevis court. If your money is kept in Singapore, and your operation/creditor are based in Singapore, why would be bother suing you in Nevis?

sorry for not being clear... I'll be running a dropshipping business online soon(used to have one in the past). I'll be managing the online site from singapore but i'm not going to inform the customers that i am located in singapore. So the location will be nevis on the website. And the bank account will be of another jurisdication. I cannot and do not want to reveal to my customers who i am or where i am from as i had mentioned, some items are not allowed to be sold in/from singapore. So that is why i need the anonymity.

And in the past i have had few customers made complaints and i was asked to go down to the police station for questioning but since i was innocent, i did not have a problem but since this kind of things do/did happen.. i want it to make it difficult for anyone to make a complaint against me. I am not worried about tax as i have always been paying them annually.

So if the creditors or anyone does not know where i am located, they will have to file a complain in nevis. Atleast that's how this will work .. please correct me if i am wrong. Or they might make a complain in the bank's jurisdiction?

In past i had have few clients/buyers that reported me to the law enforcement(I was able to prove i was innocent) etc and i'm tired of this. I want to start a dropshipping biz similar to aliexpress.com . I want it to make it hard for anyone to file a lawsuit against me and that is why i want the company to be in nevis or belize and the bank in another jurisdiction.
Most often it is very costly to file a lawsuite against someone in a different country, also the amount you sue someone for has to be very high in order to cover the lawyers costs.

Today it is like a cat and mouse game between those who want to access privacy and those who want to expose them. If you make a lot of money then you should consider open a legal business in Nevis like a mail drop, internet service, photocopy service and use this as a legal front. Open a legal bank account in the same location and do your virtual business under cover of the legal business. Also ensure you have several alternative accounts in financial entries such as Transferwise and other e-financial entries with good reputations. Mix up your finance with a bit here, there and there as possible and also consider bitcoins, gold and other precious metal that can be converted in cash on the fly. Always use a VPN when doing business online and you shall be safe but for how long I don't know. Just ensure that you have a good escape plan from lawsuit if you find yourself in the frying pan. Good luck!

Reactions: hayabusa
Most often it is very costly to file a lawsuite against someone in a different country, also the amount you sue someone for has to be very high in order to cover the lawyers costs.

So would nevis be a good choice for me for my situation since i would prefer a stong protection from lawsuits?

I once sold a product and somehow the buyer found my address and came knocking on my doors and also made a police report. Although it was nothing for me.. i did not like that experience and want to avoid such things as much as possible.

So please correct me if i'm wrong.. the person making the complain needs to go to their local police to make a report or they have to go to the jurisdiction where the bank is located or they will have to go to where the company is located? Is this correct?

If the customer only knows details of my bank account , will i be a little safer? But i'm sure if a fraud complain was made against me, the local police in the customers country will ask my bank to reveal who i am right?

Today it is like a cat and mouse game between those who want to access privacy and those who want to expose them. If you make a lot of money then you should consider open a legal business in Nevis like a mail drop, internet service, photocopy service and use this as a legal front. Open a legal bank account in the same location and do your virtual business under cover of the legal business. Also ensure you have several alternative accounts in financial entries such as Transferwise and other e-financial entries with good reputations. Mix up your finance with a bit here, there and there as possible and also consider bitcoins, gold and other precious metal that can be converted in cash on the fly. Always use a VPN when doing business online and you shall be safe but for how long I don't know. Just ensure that you have a good escape plan from lawsuit if you find yourself in the frying pan. Good luck!

I think Andrew is spot on, you should hire a virtual office in Nevis, with a Nevis phone number for complaints, etc. If you need to pick up phone calls, set up a forwarding from that number.

You can even take it one step further and actively maintain personal social media profiles where you "live" in another country, for the case people want to spend time going against you.

I don't think it's necessary, but if you want yet more privacy you can set up residency in another country, and open your bank account using that new address, rather than Singapore. So there's not one chance that anyone will ever find you.

I think Andrew is spot on, you should hire a virtual office in Nevis, with a Nevis phone number for complaints, etc. If you need to pick up phone calls, set up a forwarding from that number.

You can even take it one step further and actively maintain personal social media profiles where you "live" in another country, for the case people want to spend time going against you.
Can it be in another jurisdiction even thought the company is in nevis?

Also read "How to be Invisible" from JJ Luna

Can you please send me the link.. tired searching it but can't find it

The local police has no power whatsoever in that case, only a court order can do that.

Ok so the person needs to go to the jurisdiction where the bank is to file a complaint right?

I don't think it's necessary, but if you want yet more privacy you can set up residency in another country, and open your bank account using that new address, rather than Singapore. So there's not one chance that anyone will ever find you.

"set up residency" does it mean i open a physical shop in another country?

Can it be in another jurisdiction even thought the company is in nevis?

Can you please send me the link.. tired searching it but can't find it

Ok so the person needs to go to the jurisdiction where the bank is to file a complaint right?

"set up residency" does it mean i open a physical shop in another country?

No, I mean to obtain a permanent residence visa for yourself in another country such as Georgia, then use an address in that country as your "personal" address which will be used to open the bank account for your Nevis IBC in yet another country.

So the bank will not have any link to your address in Singapore, your creditor will have to work at Interpol to find you.

Also read "How to be Invisible" from JJ Luna
You may post the link here to avoid people asking you to PM the link and your post to be deleted!

No, I mean to obtain a permanent residence visa for yourself in another country such as Georgia, then use an address in that country as your "personal" address which will be used to open the bank account for your Nevis IBC in yet another country.

So the bank will not have any link to your address in Singapore, your creditor will have to work at Interpol to find you.
Oh ok.. The hard part is getting permanent residence visa i think