Our valued sponsor

New business - looking for anonymity

NKNY

Jun 18, 2020
Visit site
Hi - I'm completely new to all this so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm looking to launch a subscription based website; whilst I've checked that everything I'm doing is okay, there's a company out there who may not like it, and given that they're bigger than me they may try and flex their muscles a bit. So to try and avoid any hassle I'm looking for ways to keep my details from being linked with the site.

Two things I was hoping for advice/opinions on:
- Offshoring: Is this the best (and only?) way to achieve anonymity? What I found off putting about this was the talk of fees and large minimum deposits when you open the bank accounts; is it possible for a small startup, with little budget, to do this? If so, any advice you can share on how to get started with an offshore would be a huge help.

- Self employed: If I didn't register site as a business, but instead registered myself as self employed and managed the revenue that way, would that be an option? Is there any way I can be tracked/connected to the site if I did this?

Hi and welcome.

There is probably around 20 threads from the last few weeks that discuss the same thing.

If you are looking for protection, you won't need to go offshore. Because in case they sue you, you would shut down the limited and be done with it (this only applies if you are not breaking criminal laws; so such an option is suitable for copyright infringement)

If you are looking for anonymity, offshore adds a certain layer of protection. But keep in mind that if they want to get you, they will. Offshore just makes it a bit harder but it won't stop big players. It's all a matter of cost.

Reactions: NKNY

Latest Threads