Nomo Bank for UAE Residents is finally here

Fred

The Mentor
Advance Member
Sep 8, 2019
Visit site
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Fred
Finally we get some Revolut kind of Product for UAE Residents!

Onboarding with Emirates ID is smooth and even better - it's a fully fledged and regulated Bank in the UK and not just an EMI.

@Fred did you upload your EID instead of the passport or both?
And do you know if you have to prove where you are tax resident? (if you indicated UAE tax residency).
Thank you.

@Fred did you upload your EID instead of the passport or both?
And do you know if you have to prove where you are tax resident? (if you indicated UAE tax residency).
Thank you.
EID only - while usually they should be required to collect passport as it's a Bank outside the UAE - just try it.

You don't have to proof where you are Tax Resident - you mention you are Tax Resident in UAE - that's it.

Do you need a proof of residence to verify the address?
They mention this:
"For UAE residents, we will ask you to upload the front and back of your Tawtheeq, Ejari or DEWA."

@Fred @yoyodubai what is the actual procedure when applying?

From what I recall, it's a pretty standard process.

- Utility bill for address
- Emirates ID
- Source of funds (proof of employment,. 3 months bank statements, payslip)
- Tax residence

Depending on your situation they may ask for more information. If you run your own company, you may be asked for your trade license, what your activity is and so on.

Again, this is normal stuff.

I will add (without elaborating), their compliance/kyc procedures are not on par with an international bank.

Your funds, up to GBP 85,000, are protected and fully insured.

From my perspective, the most interesting thing with Nomo Bank are their term deposit rates. Among the highest I have seen. And that's in addition to preferential rates I've been quoted.

There are also "ADCB Nomo" and "Al Hilal Nomo" apps on the AppStore. The screenshots seem identical. What's the difference, does anyone know?
I think ADCB Nomo, Al HIlal Nomo and Nomo Bank are all the same.

According to the press release it's a partnership between the three.

I just went on Nomo Bank's website and opened the account directly through them.

Reactions: zzzzzz and Fred
From what I recall, it's a pretty standard process.

- Utility bill for address
- Emirates ID
- Source of funds (proof of employment,. 3 months bank statements, payslip)
- Tax residence

Depending on your situation they may ask for more information. If you run your own company, you may be asked for your trade license, what your activity is and so on.

Again, this is normal stuff.

I will add (without elaborating), their compliance/kyc procedures are not on par with an international bank.

Your funds, up to GBP 85,000, are protected and fully insured.

From my perspective, the most interesting thing with Nomo Bank are their term deposit rates. Among the highest I have seen. And that's in addition to preferential rates I've been quoted.

I think ADCB Nomo, Al HIlal Nomo and Nomo Bank are all the same.

According to the press release it's a partnership between the three.

I just went on Nomo Bank's website and opened the account directly through them.
Correct but earlier they were only available to Saudi's - partnering with ADCB / Al Hillal Bank (both belongs to ADCB) was basically there UAE market entry.

But yes - it's all the same just labeled different

Reactions: yoyodubai
Do they accept UAE residents that visit UAE once every half a year (obviously you don't mention it when opening an account)? If so, what proof(s) of being UAE resident do they want? Just one utility bill? Can they check its validity online via so called Credit Score Check like they do in the UK/USA that shows all your previous addresses and personal information to the bank? On their website they also mention another option of address verification, namely by a password in a postcard. I wonder, what emirates are eligible for address verification by a postcard (if it's still available).

Do they accept UAE residents that visit UAE once every half a year (obviously you don't mention it when opening an account)? If so, what proof(s) of being UAE resident do they want? Just one utility bill? Can they check its validity online via so called Credit Score Check like they do in the UK/USA that shows all your previous addresses and personal information to the bank? On their website they also mention another option of address verification, namely by a password in a postcard. I wonder, what emirates are eligible for address verification by a postcard (if it's still available).
let me know if that's possible :D

Hi, I'm in the same situation. Did you manage to open up an account?

NOMO Bank just wrote me that they don't require proof of address anymore...:

Thank you for showing an interest in banking with Nomo, and we look forward to welcoming you on board.

Since we last contacted you about your Nomo application, we have simplified the application process to ensure a faster and smoother experience.

A member of our team will call you soon from a UK number to guide you through the next stage of your application process, which is verifying your passport and Emirates ID by scanning your original passport and taking a photo of your physical Emirates ID card in the app.

Please note that proof of address is no longer required, so you don’t need to upload utility bill or wait for a QR code in the post.

If you would like to continue your application before we call you, here’s how to do this:
  1. Get your physical passport and Emirates ID
  2. Open the ADCB | Nomo app
  3. Scan the picture page of your passport in the app and take a new photo of your Emirates ID card
By following these steps, you can continue your Nomo application.

Please make sure that:

- You use your original, valid passport and Emirates ID card

- You capture all four corners of the documents

- All details are visible

- There is no glare
Kindly note that we cannotaccept the following versions of your documents:
  • PDFs
  • Pictures of pictures

Reactions: Alexmorgan and usdt