Our valued sponsor

Non-Dom Cyprus - 60 days rule

James Blake

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Hi there,

Is there any way to find how many days I was in Cyprus last year (in total)?
I mean any public service (form or API) that counts exactly the days.
Or do I have to find my tickets?

I think I was there for ~50-55 days... :rolleyes:

thanks in advance!

Do Cyprus authorities challenge the 60 days or foreign authorities? I was told that once Cyprus grants the yellow paper, then they basically will ignore you. If you stay less, it's none of their problems, as long as you pay your taxes there?

Do Cyprus authorities challenge the 60 days or foreign authorities? I was told that once Cyprus grants the yellow paper, then they basically will ignore you. If you stay less, it's none of their problems, as long as you pay your taxes there?
Our authorities will never question this but other countries tax authorities may question if they have a clue that you live there for more than 183 days...

Reactions: pierino
You really need to think about what you are doing when you try to ask the tax office to dance with you! If you want to avoid taxes then you will have to do everything right and I do know it may most often be expensive and even time consuming as well as impossible for some people to do. If that is the case, don't do it.

The people that avoid taxes in this world are very flexible and they have lot's of money and that's why they succeed.

Just to point this out: just because you are resident in Cyprus and obtain a yellow slip, this does not mean that you are tax resident or even non dom. Especially to obtain the non dom status it takes several months. I suggest you contact an auditor in Cyprus.
It does not take several months, 30 days maximum, you just need to have the right documentation and first of all to be entitled to it.

Reactions: gnud
Why would you even notify the other country about your tax residency in Cyprus ... ? Simply start using your Cypriot tax ID with bank accounts and tell them nothing about your other residency. The account information will only be reported to Cyprus. So far I haven't found any way how the other country would find out, there doesn't seem to be any automatic information exchange.

This is a question for @CyprusLaw, @CyprusLawyer101.

To be considered tax resident under the 60 days rule you have to fulfill some requirements and one of those is: "Not being considered as tax residents in another state for the same tax year"

If another country will claim that you are tax resident there the tax residency in Cyprus will be automatically dismissed and you will not be able to access to any DTA in place with the country claiming the tax residency. Is that correct?

For non EU national, how do you get around being on a visitor visa, and also holding office in a CY company? The visitor visa doesnt allow for work, but holding office like director or secretary is apperently considered a "job". As I understand it, to hire yourself in your company and pay yourself a min salary you need to at least inject 200k EUROS into the company...

Latest Threads