Our valued sponsor

North Korea imprisons reporters

tongyun

Offshore Agent
Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
Two American journalists have been sentenced to 12 years in prison for "grave crime they committed against the Korean nation and their illegal border crossing,". Both reporters work for a media company owned by former U.S. vice-president, Al Gore. My guess is that North Korea will use the two women as pawns in efforts to prevent the United States from enforcing sanctions on North Korea for weapons testing.

As much as I hate North Korea, I must say that is what those journalists get for entering illegally. They ran the risk in hope of getting the story of their career!

North Korea is trying to use those journalists as bargining chips. I hope the US doesn't budge. We must stand strong on this issue.

chris2k5 said:
As much as I hate North Korea, I must say that is what those journalists get for entering illegally. They ran the risk in hope of getting the story of their career!
North Korea is trying to use those journalists as bargining chips. I hope the US doesn't budge. We must stand strong on this issue.
I'd agree that they were breaking the law when they were gathering the facts for their story. But as for the United States not budging, it's easy to say when it's not your family member who is being held in prison. All American citizens are important.

Latest Threads