Our valued sponsor

Offshore Company and Bank Account - Best Strategy

Jezzawalt

May 20, 2020
Visit site
Hello,

I currently have a N.I company and a Hong Kong Company that I can use for my e-ccomerce business. I am currently banking with an online bank account in Hong Kong under the Hong Kong Company, however my revenue and profits are increasing and my tax bill won't be small, given that I actually do zero business in Hong Kong I don't want to pay all this tax unnecessarily.

I am an Australian resident with a New Zealand passport but haven't lived in either for years and have just been travelling.

I need to set myself up with a full proof company and bank account combination for my personal situation. I don't mind scrapping both of these companies and starting fresh elsewhere or using the HK company with an offshore account elsewhere. Will this be safe regarding my passport and residency?

My requirements are basically stated above but just to clarify - Company/bank account with a bank that won't run away with my money/offers debit cards and multi currency etc. In parts of the world that I won't be shooting myself in the foot in regarding my passport etc. If it's a good bank and they require a hefty deposit, happy to do so.

If there is a pro out there who knows the ins and outs of all of this and can set me up with a golden combination for my individual needs - please let me know, any agency or reputable individual.

Are you still technically a tax resident of Australia? Check at this link: Work out your tax residency
Nah I'm not, have no ties with the country other than a driver's licence. I just float around on tourist visas, however I wouldn't mind having the option to go back there. I am technically a permanent resident and would prefer to settle there than NZ. Regardless NZ and Australia no doubt are viewed as one from most parts of the world and I need a set up in a place that preferably has no ties with them.