Our valued sponsor

Offshore jurisdiction with no crypto-regulation and 20% corporate tax

speedster

Nov 11, 2019
Visit site
I am looking for a rather unique jurisdiction that meets the following requirements:
  • 20% corporate tax rate (my country's CFC rules require anything below this to be taxed locally too).
  • No regulation on crypto-exchanges - basically freedom to sell crypto for fiat unhindered.
What would you guys suggest for this?

No crypto regulation is never a good thing. However are you looking to setup a crypto exchange or just trade on one?

I am looking to sell crypto for fiat, which I guess makes me an exchange technically. I agree a measure of regulation is good, although I'm not wanting to pay unnecessary license fees and have overly onerous KYC requirements with which to comply. My business is straight-up legit, I don't have anything to hide but I don't want to pay the 45% tax-rate over here either. Plus, exchange control requirements mean that I have some sort of foreign entity.

On another note, I realize I could potentially incorporate in Ireland and, with a friend working for me from there, be exempt from CFC taxes due to there then being a legit FBE there.

If this is some serious business you want to move to Switzerland. If this is something just for the quick money, you want to setup a company anywhere, no one will realize what you are doing before it is over.

If you have that kind of money I would find a lawyer and tax-advisor in Switzerland and get my business up running there asap.

Reactions: Martin Everson
We're looking at between EUR1m and EUR2m turnover per month, not sure which one that qualifies as

If thats your expected turnover then get proper legal advice. If that is just a pipe dream and your broke then forget the whole project.

We managed to turn €1.5m in the month before there were some regulatory changes.

....and you can't afford proper legal advice?

I am looking for a rather unique jurisdiction that meets the following requirements:
  • 20% corporate tax rate (my country's CFC rules require anything below this to be taxed locally too).
  • No regulation on crypto-exchanges - basically freedom to sell crypto for fiat unhindered.
What would you guys suggest for this?

A robust, long-term solution is an anti-CFC setup where ownership is split between people of various jurisdictions.

As you are into crypto, you probably understand how this can be done securely using the blockchain.