Our valued sponsor

OffshorecorpTalk admins why? "You must complete two factor to continue"

flyco

Mentor Group Gold Premium
Mar 30, 2024
Mountain
Visit site
I'm not sure how to contact the admins.... i bought premium and i'm super helpful for the forums and lots and lots of topics there are!

But i don't get WHY i MUST have two factor enabled?? On the normal account i wasn't required and now I'm suddenly required? I can't disable it i tried every action requires email app or authenticator. Shouldn't we as paying members decide and have choice for ourselves since ya know we pay for it? All aspects of membershiap are great but compare it to normal account and downgrade is clear!

Help??

• Wow
Reactions: jafo and JohnLocke
First and foremost, thank you for upgrading your account to Mentor Group Gold Premium.

We introduced it a few years ago when we realized that there were users who had invented a whole new discipline that we were not previously aware of. It involved sharing access to Mentor Group Gold accounts, allowing a large number of users on one account and thus sharing the cost. We thought that was a really clever discovery and were pleased on their behalf when we found out.

However, the problem was that when it came time to pay our bills, we noticed that the coffers were nearly empty. When we contacted the users to ask if they would help pay our bills so we could continue running OCT, they ghosted us.

Therefore, we quickly introduced 2FA for all Mentor Group accounts, which then ended this fantastic discipline for freeloaders.

I hope you appreciate the irony in the above.

I won't comment on how smart they are, but of course, those aren't the only measures we have taken to try to stop the world champions in this discipline.

But I can see that you also master the art and must have a black belt in group sharing! However, you don't need to share your fantastic knowledge about it here.

• Haha
Reactions: jafo
I'm not sure how to contact the admins.... i bought premium and i'm super helpful for the forums and lots and lots of topics there are!

But i don't get WHY i MUST have two factor enabled?? On the normal account i wasn't required and now I'm suddenly required? I can't disable it i tried every action requires email app or authenticator. Shouldn't we as paying members decide and have choice for ourselves since ya know we pay for it? All aspects of membershiap are great but compare it to normal account and downgrade is clear!

Help??
This is a blessing in disguise. 2-FA is a major blessing.
I would have added 2 extra steps (choose remember this PC for 30 days)

We introduced it a few years ago when we realized that there were users who had invented a whole new discipline that we were not previously aware of. It involved sharing access to Mentor Group Gold accounts, allowing a large number of users on one account and thus sharing the cost. We thought that was a really clever discovery and were pleased on their behalf when we found out.
This absolutely BLOWS my mind! :oops:

I explained this miscreant behavior here:
1713472013362.png

Source: Do you buy cryptocurrency when it's at a high, like now?

I hope you banned them and their IP.
What they did here was ill-gotten profit, aka illicit profit, and so many other crimes that I have no patience (or time) to list them all. stupi#21

This behavior just boggles my mind! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnLocke
First and foremost, thank you for upgrading your account to Mentor Group Gold Premium.

However, the problem was that when it came time to pay our bills, we noticed that the coffers were nearly empty. When we contacted the users to ask if they would help pay our bills so we could continue running OCT, they ghosted us.

Therefore, we quickly introduced 2FA for all Mentor Group accounts, which then ended this fantastic discipline for freeloaders.

I hope you appreciate the irony in the above.
You were surprised when you have so many people trying to avoid taxes that they would also try and avoid paying for premium access ROFLMAO

*Their hand smi(&%
Is this hand in the room with us now?

I have never been surprised that something like this could happen. OP asked why we had enabled it and he got an answer :)

You were surprised when you have so many people trying to avoid taxes that they would also try and avoid paying for premium access ROFLMAO
There is a MAJOR distinction, though!:cool:

(UNSOLICITED Taxes & UNSOLICITED government intrusion)
Unproductive, self-appointed, dastardly parasitic gang members, under the ruse of "government taxes," are BANDITS/THIEVES as per the definition of Calo Cipolla's book "Allegro, ma non troppo". The entitled parasites are NOT providing a voluntary service or needed service, yet they want everyone to pay based on their ability to pay. They clearly penalize productive people! They clearly discriminate against those who are organized, disciplined, and productive.

They are NOT doing ANY of the work, nor are they investing their capital in our risky businesses.

I alluded to something along those lines here vis-à-vis Nomad Capitalist Andrew...:
1713534052595.png

Source: Nomad Capitalist

(OCT)
OCT, on the contrary, is NOT forcing anyone to sign up or pay. It's providing a service that a tiny percentage of productive people find essential. It is a voluntary service!
One has the option to vet it, look it up, and if one finds the information valuable, one can exchange their hard-earned money for the service. If one no longer wants to pay, one can simply NOT renew. I renew OCT because of this millennial-old-proven wisdom:

Nothing in terms of my world knowledge, especially the little I know in terms of finances and banking, that worked for me 40, 30, 20, or even 10 years ago is valid today! I have to keep learning constantly, and the ONLY place I have consistently found valuable, credible, and evidence-based solutions is here on OCT. There are other places where one can find nuggets of wisdom, but they are usually hit or miss.
Look at how @wellington, @JohnnyDoe, and too many others to list here browbeat me into exchanging my excess USD₮s into Bitcoin in 2022 and 2023. Had it NOT been for OCT and them, I would have missed out on this MASSIVE Bitcoin bull run.

All those links posted about seized/confiscated/disgorged/frozen USD₮s or whatever casuistry & nomenclature du jour the "parasites" are using today really scared the living bejesus out of me.:oops:
It scared me into action and to exchange/swap USD₮s for non-custodial Bitcoins or lose everything. It didn't happen right away. It took time for it to inculcate. Also, "Not your keys, NOT your coins," so NEVER trust ANY exchanges. ;)

This is definitely worth €95/month.

Cheers

Reactions: wellington
There is a MAJOR distinction, though!:cool:

(UNSOLICITED Taxes & UNSOLICITED government intrusion)
Unproductive, self-appointed, dastardly parasitic gang members, under the ruse of "government taxes," are BANDITS/THIEVES as per the definition of Calo Cipolla's book "Allegro, ma non troppo". The entitled parasites are NOT providing a voluntary service or needed service, yet they want everyone to pay based on their ability to pay. They clearly penalize productive people! They clearly discriminate against those who are organized, disciplined, and productive.

They are NOT doing ANY of the work, nor are they investing their capital in our risky businesses.

I alluded to something along those lines here vis-à-vis Nomad Capitalist Andrew...:
View attachment 6639
Source: Nomad Capitalist

(OCT)
OCT, on the contrary, is NOT forcing anyone to sign up or pay. It's providing a service that a tiny percentage of productive people find essential. It is a voluntary service!
One has the option to vet it, look it up, and if one finds the information valuable, one can exchange their hard-earned money for the service. If one no longer wants to pay, one can simply NOT renew. I renew OCT because of this millennial-old-proven wisdom:

Nothing in terms of my world knowledge, especially the little I know in terms of finances and banking, that worked for me 40, 30, 20, or even 10 years ago is valid today! I have to keep learning constantly, and the ONLY place I have consistently found valuable, credible, and evidence-based solutions is here on OCT. There are other places where one can find nuggets of wisdom, but they are usually hit or miss.
Look at how @wellington, @JohnnyDoe, and too many others to list here browbeat me into exchanging my excess USD₮s into Bitcoin in 2022 and 2023. Had it NOT been for OCT and them, I would have missed out on this MASSIVE Bitcoin bull run.

All those links posted about seized/confiscated/disgorged/frozen USD₮s or whatever casuistry & nomenclature du jour the "parasites" are using today really scared the living bejesus out of me.:oops:
It scared me into action and to exchange/swap USD₮s for non-custodial Bitcoins or lose everything. It didn't happen right away. It took time for it to inculcate. Also, "Not your keys, NOT your coins," so NEVER trust ANY exchanges. ;)

This is definitely worth €95/month.

Cheers
Mine was tongue in the cheek humor -
Or British humor (irony).

• Love
Reactions: jafo

Latest Threads