Our valued sponsor

Only possible purpose of offshore company is Internet Privacy?

bonox

Corporate Services
Pro Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
Is the only purpose to register a offshore company and to open an offshore account PRIVAY now?

With all the reporting by the banks and the tax offices around the globe to cooperate in the effort to fight money laundering and all other reasons they have to make it impossible to hide money in the banks, then would you think that the only reason to either register a new company with bank account, or to keep your existing setup to be Internet privacy?

What else could be a reason you think?

• No taxes
  • Simpler accounting
  • No audit requirements
  • No annual obligations
  • Possibly streamlined process to residency
  • No permits
  • No consumer laws and other laws which generally work into your favor
  • Many are familiar with high-risk businesses like gambling
  • Poorly resourced judicial system means that even if someone did sue you, their case will proceed slowly or in some cases not even be accepted
  • Protection from unstable western governments from taking your company/bank account away
This is the ideal, the real benefits depend on the country so please do your research carefully.

Privacy is hardly the only reason. ;)

You are good @Flycatcher you had more points than what I could imagine to use a offshore corp. for :)

What I find the best is that despite the fact that we have to pay some tax in our own country than it still makes it very complicated and expensive to sue a offshore company as well as it is almost impossible for lenders and creditors to take the pledge in shares or similar in an offshore company.

It's easy to register a offshore Company and you don't need to worry about filing tax, accounting and administration. Everyone can register a offshore Company even people with bad credit in their own country or people who are not allowed to register Companies locally from the authorities. I consider it to be a live line and the perfect setup for an online business.

Reactions: bonox
From my own research 'no taxes' is only applicable if you actually live in one of those tax heavens, otherwise you still owe tax to country where you reside.
What they mean is that the company has no tax to pay locally. If you take out the money you will be taxed from the income.

It's easy to register a offshore Company and you don't need to worry about filing tax, accounting and administration. Everyone can register a offshore Company even people with bad credit in their own country or people who are not allowed to register Companies locally from the authorities. I consider it to be a live line and the perfect setup for an online business.
This is new to me. Have you ever read or heard about a person that was disallowed to register a company in his own country?

Reactions: hungryit
Is the only purpose to register a offshore company and to open an offshore account PRIVAY now?

With all the reporting by the banks and the tax offices around the globe to cooperate in the effort to fight money laundering and all other reasons they have to make it impossible to hide money in the banks, then would you think that the only reason to either register a new company with bank account, or to keep your existing setup to be Internet privacy?

What else could be a reason you think?
Primary for me and for VAT registration!

• No taxes
  • Simpler accounting
  • No audit requirements
  • No annual obligations
  • Possibly streamlined process to residency
  • No permits
  • No consumer laws and other laws which generally work into your favor
  • Many are familiar with high-risk businesses like gambling
  • Poorly resourced judicial system means that even if someone did sue you, their case will proceed slowly or in some cases not even be accepted
  • Protection from unstable western governments from taking your company/bank account away
This is the ideal, the real benefits depend on the country so please do your research carefully.

Privacy is hardly the only reason. ;)
Great list of reasons. Agree to most of them when I start considering it.

Reactions: lostman
When I speak with people here on the forum and also other places I most often hear them ask how they can reduce tax and how they can sta anonymous. But there are so many other reasons if you think about it.. :)

Reactions: crownblown
yes there is the ultimate reason to stay under the radar and keep the ball low in regards to privacy, business, money and taxes. I feel very comfortable with my setups and it has been worth all the money I spend on it. I will make 10 times the amount I spend in less than a year!

Reactions: blizz
Privacy over Privacy
privacy-over-privacy.jpg