Our valued sponsor

Opening a Euro bank account for a Panamanian company

ecky

Apr 14, 2020
Visit site
I need to open a Euro bank acocunt for my Panamanian company. I am a UK citizen with Panamanian residency. Panama banks are a bit of a headache to deal with, especially considering all business operations will be outside of Panama. Anyone have any advice about the best/easiest country to open an account for a foreign entity?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I need to get this account opened as soon as possible.

I assume it will be very hard to get an actual bank account without a significant minimum deposit whereas it will be fairly easy to open an EMI account albeit with high fees most likely.
This is exactly what I am starting to realise. Any advice on the best EMIs for my situation? Wise unfortunately doesnt accept Panama companies anymore.

UAE freezone with substance or a US LLC/UK LLP, depending on personal residence.

Channel Islands might be an option as well, also with substance.
Thanks for the response. All this is terribly confusing for me :p I feel like I need to go to school to figure this stuff out. All I want is for a Canadian client to pay a corporation that is outside of Canada (would need a Canadian bank account) which will create tax-free income for that company. Then draw very little as a wage, being personally taxed in Canada.

I think I am getting too old to figure this stuff out now :)

Go over the list of all EMIs in the forum, maybe you will be lucky. Forget about banks, only EMI will touch you with Panama corp.

Either way the better long-term solution will be to close your Panama company as Panama is radioactive these days.
I am resident in Panama so it seemed like the best option. If I can get a Panama bank account opened then it wont be a problem but that is a major headache, the problem with EMIs is they dont accept or issue LCs.

Maybe you are right but at this point anywhere tax-free is frowned upon by banks. UAE could be an option but that seems like a lot of hassle also, if I have no intention of spending any time there.

There is a bank in the Bahamas that can take you, but it needs introduction.
Would I need to show up in person or could it be done remotely if I can get an introduction?

i have sent you a pm check if you got it
I got the public post on my profile it wont let me reply directly there, there I will send another post on your profile.

i have sent you a pm check if you got it
I received the message on my public profile but I cannot reply there, I wrote a message on your profile with my email address if you could contact me there would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

Latest Threads