Our valued sponsor

Opening an account in Cambodia

Is it possible to do International wire transfers from a bank account in this bank to some in Europe?

It depends on the bank and the city.If you will come to Sihanoukville,I can help you with that,the bank there president is my friend.No worry,I will not charge of any fees for that haha.Just for making friend.

Any way to get account for offshore company with history. No new registered company let say BVI, Seychelles..

Thinking to go to Cambodia soon, just to explore and see what business I can do there

If you can open an account in Cambodia it may be helpful for people here to know about it and how to do it. Does some know if it's possible to send money to Europe from a Cambodian account?

Probably, the most interesting thing I see here is just get the business visa for 300 bucks, get a proof of address and start a Transferwise Account using the Cambodian address

Reactions: janus
In case anybody is interested, to open a bank account in Cambodia you need:
* Valid Visa for at least 6 months (easy to get, just pay and it'll be extended)
* Work permit (2 banks asked for it).
* Minimum deposit - ABA Bank wanted $10, CIMB Bank wanted $500
* Address proof (i.e. rent contract)

Reactions: GiGoGo
In case anybody is interested, to open a bank account in Cambodia you need:
* Valid Visa for at least 6 months (easy to get, just pay and it'll be extended)
* Work permit (2 banks asked for it).
* Minimum deposit - ABA Bank wanted $10, CIMB Bank wanted $500
* Address proof (i.e. rent contract)
How to get work permit on 6m visa?

sorry guys, I m either missing something here or I m going nuts..my questions are: who on earth can be so desperate for banking that got rejected from all other banking institutions on earth and is trying to open an account in the reputable kingdom of cambodia ??? Do they provide internet banking, debit cards, can you freely send money to europe and USA ? What s the story please ???

Reactions: John Andrews
ABA bank is quite good actually, the mobile app really great, much better than bangkok bank for instance. You can get visa or mastercard virtual card.
The only problem I see with banking in Cambodia it only support swift for international transfer and I believe Transferwise doesn't work in Cambodia.

Reactions: Joe Blasco
ABA bank is quite good actually, the mobile app really great, much better than bangkok bank for instance. You can get visa or mastercard virtual card.
The only problem I see with banking in Cambodia it only support swift for international transfer and I believe Transferwise doesn't work in Cambodia.
A friend of mine uses WorldRemit

hmm Worldremit is not a replacement for swift interbank transfer like Transferwise do if I am not mistaken, at least not in Cambodia.
I believe these financial institutions or EMI are barred from using the banking system in Cambodia like they do most of everywhere else.

Oh also something very annoying i had with ABA bank, they make you well aware when opening an account that crypto is not allowed and they will close you account if you make transfer from or to crypto exchanges ...

You can get a 3 or 6 months EG business visa multiple entry for something like 150 USD.
In Phnom Penh there is a very well known and reliable visa agent, Lucky Lucky motorbike or something like that, just drop your passport there and come back a few day later.

Reactions: Joe Blasco

Latest Threads