Our valued sponsor

Opening an account in Cambodia

Absolutely certain, bitkub is the regulated exchange with the most volume, unfortunately only bitcoin/thb has decent volume, other crypto not so much...
Still a very good way to take money out the country cheap and easy.

The bad part is they also clearly defined crypto as local source income and impose a 15% capital gain tax for tax resident no matter where the trade occurs, crypto income or interest would also be taxed as local sourced income.

Pretty sure you could receive fund from kraken in a Thai bank, but not so sure about getting the money out the country easily ;)
Wouldn't consider that a good solution at all.

Reactions: GiGoGo
What bank do you recommend, except BangkokBank and Kasikorn, that has convenient internet banking, supports internet payments and has no strange limitation for farangs such as "no internet banking", or "no bank card", or " account only in THB"? And that allows receiving and sending international payments.

Have you tried UOB?

What bank do you recommend, except BangkokBank and Kasikorn, that has convenient internet banking, supports internet payments and has no strange limitation for farangs such as "no internet banking", or "no bank card", or " account only in THB"? And that allows receiving and sending international payments.

Have you tried UOB?
Attempted earlier this month with several tricks that worked in the past, no luck. Work permit only.

only have bangkok bank, it works but very limited due to being on a tourist visa and the mobile app is really not great.
I only use it to avoid the atm fees when in thailand so I don't really care much for now.

I would try opening at UOB or CIMB which are major banks in all Asia for a much better mobile app and internet banking, but that's just a guess.
regarding making international transfer I am pretty sure this is a restriction applied by the authority when you are on a tourist visa. that why this regulated crypto exchange is perfect as it allows to to bypass this.

I guess they want Cambodia because Cambodia is not part of any treaties and keep your bank account balances hidden :)
Not part of CRS / FATC

But it's a very corrupt country, so I would be careful

Anyway I'm thinking to make a visit in 2020, let me know guys if any of you wants to join

Last edited:
Reactions: Billneon
Yes, but this may be so temporarily situation. What's the point then?
I don't think there would be any permanent solution.
Money hungry govs are going to keep chasing any escape, so you need to keep looking new ways

Why then China is a member of OECD? Why China hasn't been backed by China?
AGAIN !!!

trolling.jpg