Our valued sponsor

Opening an account in Turkey

timonka

Jan 26, 2021
Visit site
What banks will open an account nowadays to a foreigner without a redicilous initial deposit of $5k or other unreasonable restrictions? And preferably without Ikamet either. But even with it, I've heard, there'll be difficulties also, not every bank will allow a foreigner.

In bank only they told me that'd open an account, but with Ikament, which takes a long time to get and which I don't have, and initial deposit which wasn't a small, $10, one, but relatively high. In the majority of others they've said no.

Also, will trying to open it in a smaller city give one a better chance?

Real experience please. In 2020-21.

Last edited:
What banks will open an account nowadays to a foreigner without a redicilous initial deposit of $5k or other unreasonable restrictions? And preferably without Ikamet either. But even with it, I've heard, there'll be difficulties also, not every bank will allow a foreigner.

In bank only they told me that'd open an account, but with Ikament, which takes a long time to get and which I don't have, and initial deposit which wasn't a small, $10, one, but relatively high. In the majority of others they've said no.

Also, will trying to open it in a smaller city give one a better chance?

Real experience please. In 2020-21.
Try Vakif Bank, as I know they are more friendly to foreigners, but not sure about initial deposit

Latest Threads