Our valued sponsor

Opening an off-shore account to a Hong Kong company

ClaudiuR

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
Hello,

I have a question that some may find stupid and yet, I do need to find an answer.

I have an Hong Kong based LTD, opened about one year ago. I don’t have a corporate bank account and from what I know, getting a bank account in HK is a either very frustrating, risky or expensive proposition.

I have never owned an offshore before. I am not very familiar with how they work. I have opened one as I’m traveling the world and I’m able to sustain this by doing consulting work. Freelancing sites worked for a while but I’ve reached a point where it is safe to use a corporation to do this.

So my question is - can I open an offshore bank account to my offshore company? I have an EU passport, an HK company and I’m interested if I can open a bank account outside of HK for the LTD company. In my home country, this is not possible, as the account and the jurisdiction must be in the same place. The company I’ve worked with to open one said it is possible but doesn’t disclose more information about this unless I work with them and their services.

I mean, for all intents and purposes, I’d rather open another offshore account than spend so much time going back to HK and doing this. Any advice? Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Claudiu

Reactions: JohnLocke
You can open an account with almost any offshore bank around as long as you have all the documents for your company and personal docs. ie. passport copy and utilitybill + reference letter from the bank.

Latest Threads