Our valued sponsor

Question Optimize tax for high income self-employed software dev in Austria

If I am not mistaken, a Cyprus construct would work well.

Not in his case since he is the developer and work is performed in Austria.

However the thing that make the Cyprus contruct work is paragraph 8 of article 7 of the DTT between Cyprus and Austria that says "(8) The term "profits" as used in this Article shall include profits of a partner from his participation in a partnership, including participation in a a silent partnership."

If you look at the DTT between Cyprus and Hungary you'll see that there's paragraph 6 of article 7 that says "(6) The provisions of this Article shall also apply to shares in profits arising from participation as a silent partner in an enterprise."

OP should seek professional tax advice but that line could mean that if he goes and form a company in which he is only an investor and job is performed through a permanent establishment in Hungary, he could potentially pay only 9% CIT in Hungary and then as per paragraph 6 "shares in profits arising from participation as a silent partner in an enterprise" should be tax free but i'm 100% speculating.

Obviosly OP should hire somebody in HU and rent an office BUT he potentially could commute to Sopron which is one hour drive from Wien, cross the border without anybody knowing and perform the work himself alongside the employee.

Not in his case since he is the developer and work is performed in Austria.

However the thing that make the Cyprus contruct work is paragraph 8 of article 7 of the DTT between Cyprus and Austria that says "(8) The term "profits" as used in this Article shall include profits of a partner from his participation in a partnership, including participation in a a silent partnership."

If you look at the DTT between Cyprus and Hungary you'll see that there's paragraph 6 of article 7 that says "(6) The provisions of this Article shall also apply to shares in profits arising from participation as a silent partner in an enterprise."

OP should seek professional tax advice but that line could mean that if he goes and form a company in which he is only an investor and job is performed through a permanent establishment in Hungary, he could potentially pay only 9% CIT in Hungary and then as per paragraph 6 "shares in profits arising from participation as a silent partner in an enterprise" should be tax free but i'm 100% speculating.

Obviosly OP should hire somebody in HU and rent an office BUT he potentially could commute to Sopron which is one hour drive from Wien, cross the border without anybody knowing and perform the work himself alongside the employee.
Thank you for the reply.

Any advice on how to find good tax advice on such matters?

Habibi, come to Dubai!
Here you'll pay 0% tax and you can keep all the money you make.

I'n most parts of Europe you'll give to the government at least 25%.
So that's money wasted and you get basically nothing in return and in your case that's minimum 100k/year.

In here you can keep those 100k/year use that money to rent a nice apartment or home, buy a car, eat well etc.
And the best part - you don't have to even think about filing for tax.

Hi,

What options do I have for tax optimizations living in Vienna, Austria?

Income from freelance software development ~$400,00K / year
Its easy work with a third party company like a seychelles ibc to accept the money(payments through their invoice) and ask them to send you crypto for a percentage - you are sorted mate. If you need any further help let know. No need to move anywhere and complete peace of mind.

Latest Threads