Our valued sponsor

"Parking" Money on Swissquote

Edge

Apr 11, 2018
Visit site
Hi,

So if I understand correctly swissquote is not "mainly" a bank, I can't just put money in there and leave it correct ?

I will do some trading, but the bulk of what I'm depositing needs to be almost like in a saving account ..

What solution you suggest for that ? Especially one that will limit the inflation that is coming full force ? Something low risk ? Short term or long term bonds ? Which currencies ?

Thanks

Last edited:
What solution you suggest for that ? Especially one that will limit the inflation that is coming full force ? Something low risk ? Short term or long term bonds ? Which currencies ?

No solution and that is by design of central bankers. They want to flush out the cash hoarders into the real economy to keep the cash circulating by near zero deposit rates, negative bond yields and negative central bank rates etc etc.

You are forced to take on risk unless you got into long term AAA euro government bonds early like I did years ago.

You need to switch to basic capital preservation and that may mean physical cash. If you chase inflation beating yield you may risk losing your capital or getting back less than you put in.

P.S Don't follow the other sheep into an overpriced equity market.

No solution and that is by design of central bankers. They want to flush out the cash hoarders into the real economy to keep the cash circulating by near zero deposit rates, negative bond yields and negative central bank rates etc etc.

You are forced to take on risk unless you got into long term AAA euro government bonds early like I did years ago.

You need to switch to basic capital preservation and that may mean physical cash. If you chase inflation beating yield you may risk losing your capital or getting back less than you put in.

P.S Don't follow the other sheep into an overpriced equity market.

I don't know why, but I wake up today with a bad feeling ..

"Quantitative easing" has been going on for forever, and so far they have managed to keep everything on track .. But for the first time I feel very uncomfortable lol ... I bought more physical gold and silver, put money in gold and silver funds like a dwarf .. I was planning to add to my crypto position today too, but papa elon crashed that party for me ..

PS : Zero due diligence done don't follow what I did it's all based on "feelings" lol you will probably lose money!

The US market is extremely overpriced and looks like the late stages of a bubble with SPACs and stupid IPOs of garbage companies, but there are other markets that are really cheap in comparison.

For example, emerging markets ETF $EEM is trading for 2.21xBook value compared to 4.03 for the S&P.
The Singapore market is also very cheap with $EWS trading at 1.2x Book value (but it's tilted due to many banks in that index).

If you are really conservative you can also buy Vanguard LifeStrategy20- it's 80% bonds, 20% equities, performance is good over a very long timeframe, I think about 8% per year for the last 20 years and it is very well diversified. Add 2-5% in Gold and you got yourself a solid portfolio.

Physical cash practically guarantees loss of money as it loses an average of -1.4% per year in value. Even if a MAJOR (read: 50%) crash happens once every 7 years, you will lose more by NOT being invested compared to what you lost if you bought LifeStrategy20 and experienced the crash. Btw it only went down -8% during the Corona crash when the rest of the world practically got torn a new a*****e...

Reactions: BlueMist and Edge
The US market is extremely overpriced and looks like the late stages of a bubble with SPACs and stupid IPOs of garbage companies, but there are other markets that are really cheap in comparison.

Look at this lol
I know he doesn't like Tesla, but EVERYTHING is looking like bitcoin in US market .. something gotta give!

ds.JPG

If you are really conservative you can also buy Vanguard LifeStrategy20- it's 80% bonds, 20% equities, performance is good over a very long timeframe, I think about 8% per year for the last 20 years and it is very well diversified. Add 2-5% in Gold and you got yourself a solid portfolio.

I do have Vanguard 20% actually with a different broker ...

Actually not a bad idea to put in some with swissquote thanks ..

Reactions: fanban and Silvio
Vanguard LifeStrategy is a sound advise as it is all in one (developing, emerging and bonds). Also it has recently become available in EUR at XETRA and Borsa Italiana.

Reactions: troubled soul