Our valued sponsor

Paying UK account from EUR account

DexTrader

Nov 28, 2022
UK
Visit site
Hello all,

Sorry for the newbie question. I have been on the boards reading a lot but no luck.

I need to send money to someone in the UK (UK bank account) but money is in EUR accounts and only allow SEPA transfers.

What happens if I pay from EUR bank account to UK account? Is it possible?

Thanks

Hello all,

Sorry for the newbie question. I have been on the boards reading a lot but no luck.

I need to send money to someone in the UK (UK bank account) but money is in EUR accounts and only allow SEPA transfers.

Thanks
In which institution the recipient holds an account? As Sols mentioned, some institutions may support receiving SEPA payments and some may not. Another option may be to open an account in UK EMI such as MultiPass or maybe PSD institution such as TransferGo.

Sorry, I misread the original post. You will only be able to send directly to the account if it's connected to SEPA. Best that the recipient open a EUR account at a UK bank. HSBC and Barclay's have such accounts for sure. Not sure about the other banks. It would probably be easiest if they have Revolut or similar as they have an IBAN and accept EUR.

Thanks.

There must be a cheaper/better way?

I will probably make one of these payments every 2/3 months or so and the fees will add up....

However, I do not want all of the proof of funds requests / bullsh1t compliance stuff with any bank just for small payments. It is so time consuming!

Hello all,

Thanks
Go with
Revolut
Bank
open EURO Wallet ,Transfer Euros to Euro Wallet and transfer Euros to GBP wallet

I will probably make one of these payments every 2/3 months or so and the fees will add up....

However, I do not want all of the proof of funds requests / bullsh1t compliance stuff with any bank just for small payments. It is so time consuming!
You are paying pennies and asking for a dollar.

Go with EMI if you want little trouble, but expect the worst. Get into the habit of storing invoices & contracts properly in case the bank asks, if there isn't one, you should still always make it.

Latest Threads