Our valued sponsor

Payments for Foreign owned US LLC with No SSN

terminator5505

Jan 6, 2021
Visit site
Hello

I have a very common offshore setup but it seems that it doesn't work anymore.
  1. Foreign owned single member US LLC in Wyoming
  2. EIN from IRS
  3. Business checking account from mercury.co
  4. No past processing history.
  5. Me sole owner from North Africa with no SSN
I'm trying to accept credit card payments on my website offering web design and SEO. With every company they require US presence and SSN but I don't have this.
Do I have any chance getting accepted? or do I just have to close this LLC?
I think many members here may have a similar setup so I will appreciate anyone who would recommend a company that will allow me to accept card payments with EIN only without SSN in 2021.

Thank you

Reactions: liuhua
Paypal can accept you, but only temporarily. I have the same situation like you and they accepted form more than one year. Then they required an SSN or an US based utility bill. As I couldn't provide any, they cancelled my account. :mad: And yes, the account was at my company's name, no mine's. However, the require a person to contact to. If that person is not living in the US, you are screwed.

Hello

I have a very common offshore setup but it seems that it doesn't work anymore.
  1. Foreign owned single member US LLC in Wyoming
  2. EIN from IRS
  3. Business checking account from mercury.co
  4. No past processing history.
  5. Me sole owner from North Africa with no SSN
I'm trying to accept credit card payments on my website offering web design and SEO. With every company they require US presence and SSN but I don't have this.
Do I have any chance getting accepted? or do I just have to close this LLC?
I think many members here may have a similar setup so I will appreciate anyone who would recommend a company that will allow me to accept card payments with EIN only without SSN in 2021.

Thank you
Hi,

I also have

* an LLC in WY (web development agency)
* EIN
* Bank account from Mercury

I DONT have

* SSN

A few weeks ago i got accepted on Stripe. They asked for a website link and I got approved. Just make sure you are using VPN

btw, I also tested getting paid through Stripe. They hold funds for 7 days for the first payment before sending them to Mercury.

Hi,

I also have

* EIN

I DONT have

* SSN

A few weeks ago i got accepted on Stripe. They asked for a website link and I got approved. Just make sure you are using VPN

btw, I also tested getting paid through Stripe. They hold funds for 7 days for the first payment before sending them to Mercury.
Stripe will not require SSN during the initial application, but I think this just temporary and they will probably hold your money for 180 days like PayPal does.

I have applied about one week ago and got accepted instantly without SSN and I can receive payments now but I've noticed at the same that spooky email they sent me:

Thank you for getting started with Stripe. We’re reviewing the information you submitted to us and will follow up on your account status within a few business days. This means you can’t process payments yet, but you can test charges on your Dashboard as you ramp up for integration. We might be reaching out for additional information, so please lookout for an email from Stripe Support so that we can resolve your account review as soon as possible.

No response from them till now but I really doubt that Stripe will allow me to accept payments without SSN on the long run based on other users experience here. I refrained from accepting payments through this account to avoid holding my money for a long time with them.

Stripe will not require SSN during the initial application, but I think this just temporary and they will probably hold your money for 180 days like PayPal does.

I have applied about one week ago and got accepted instantly without SSN and I can receive payments now but I've noticed at the same that spooky email they sent me:

No response from them till now but I really doubt that Stripe will allow me to accept payments without SSN on the long run based on other users experience here. I refrained from accepting payments through this account to avoid holding my money for a long time with them.
I dont see any reason why they would block the account. Most of the blocked accounts are doing dropshipping and you are in the web design...

However, as a backup its wise to get another payment gateway/processor. I've applied for Oceanpayment.com. Its an asian company and I heard that are more lenient with the ecom business.

I dont see any reason why they would block the account. Most of the blocked accounts are doing dropshipping and you are in the web design...

However, as a backup its wise to get another payment gateway/processor. I've applied for Oceanpayment.com. Its an asian company and I heard that are more lenient with the ecom business.
You maybe right but their initial email clearly states that I'm not allowed to process payments till the review is over so I will probably wait for their response and update you here if they required me to provide SSN.

Paypal can accept you, but only temporarily. I have the same situation like you and they accepted form more than one year. Then they required an SSN or an US based utility bill. As I couldn't provide any, they cancelled my account. :mad: And yes, the account was at my company's name, no mine's. However, the require a person to contact to. If that person is not living in the US, you are screwed.
PayPal is the worst, I have like $23K held there in accounts based on my home country under my personal name. Look at their reviews on Trustpilot it is just hilarious. Their business model is holding people money for no reason.

Reactions: JohnLocke
PayPal is the worst, I have like $23K held there in accounts based on my home country under my personal name. Look at their reviews on Trustpilot it is just hilarious. Their business model is holding people money for no reason.
yep we faced account closure after 10 years without any reason given, called them a endless time and each time they promise to get back, 2 months later still radio silence.

As for your payment processing issue, I would consider to register a company in Europe either UK Ltd, Cyprus, Malta or other places in Europe where you can setup a company on paper with substance, it will make it easy (depending on your business) to get an EMI and Merchant Account for your needs.

All well described in our large guide inside the Mentor Group Gold with names and explaining information on how to set this up.

Hi,

I also have

* EIN

I DONT have

* SSN

Why do you need a VPN to sue Stripe?

Latest Threads