Our valued sponsor

Payoneer account closed, not safe!

lonizzita

Sep 19, 2019
Visit site
Payoneer is not reliable at all!!!

After years of having an account with them, I was blocked after a month of verification during which I could not send, withdraw my money or perform any other action.
And now I can't even log in!

During this month, payoneer support kept telling me that it was just a routine check and not to worry: my account was 100% secure and would be active again!

Eventually I received an email and was told that I had allegedly violated some terms and conditions and that they cannot reopen my account, despite the fact that I have been using Payoneer since 2019 always working with the same clients, having contracts and invoice.

Now my money is inside the account and I can no longer access it!

has this happened to other people? has anyone been able to get their money back?

It happened much worse to me. I had to take legal action. 7 figures involved.
I got 70k blocked.
Which law firm did you lean on? After how long did you get your money back?

ok but what did you tho? They are easy to deal with if you are inside their parameters
Payoneer started 2 months ago when my payoneer card had expired, they started asking me for selfies, documents, contracts of my clients, m seemed strange that they were asking me for this information just to get the new payoneer card. Anyway I provided all the information, in fact even the support told me not to worry that it was just a routine verification.

Also, I have always received transfers from my clients, who are companies, and they have been the same clients for years.

I have not made any other movement or transaction with payoneer.

Last edited:
Payoneer is not reliable at all!!!

After years of having an account with them, I was blocked after a month of verification during which I could not send, withdraw my money or perform any other action.
And now I can't even log in!

During this month, payoneer support kept telling me that it was just a routine check and not to worry: my account was 100% secure and would be active again!

Eventually I received an email and was told that I had allegedly violated some terms and conditions and that they cannot reopen my account, despite the fact that I have been using Payoneer since 2019 always working with the same clients, having contracts and invoice.

Now my money is inside the account and I can no longer access it!

has this happened to other people? has anyone been able to get their money back?
Payoneer is a crooked company. I use them but only send what I would not care about losing and only doing compartmentalized transfers. Don't trust them at all.

Reactions: tyrexoid
I have used them for over 6 years and have never faced any problems. The business turnover is 7 figures.

They will upgrade your account to VIP after a certain threshold you can benefit from low fees(80% less), their business debit card with %1 cashback and a dedicated account manager. You can zero fees even make money with cashback and the card has a daily high transaction limit of $100.000.

If your business is not 100% legit or you're dealing with crypto or thinking of using "darks" then you will face problems. This story is the same for all EMIs.

Reactions: MiddleEuroAsia
So far we also have no issues with payoneer and our account manager as well as helpdesk is very responsive. It's easy to obtain better fees which can drop if some volume to 0.4pct exchange fees.

As long as your business is legit and you can provide documentation to substantiate in/out transfers one should be good.

When they have questions so far, e.g. why we use cnh payments outside China, they just pose the questions without extra proof and don't first block the account or payment, which many EMI do. Service might depend on the payoneer team you get assigned, PRC/HK/SEA team seems to be helpful

payoneer works as bad as wise, they close accounts without notice and without reason.

Even if you have a 100% legitimate business with regular contracts, they close the account with money in it, that's what happened to me, after 3 years of working with very high volumes and in a totally legitimate way.

The second we have more than 10k there I just create a withdrawal request on 10k.
Usually they go within a day or two.

Last withdrawal one took almost 10 days to process (approve) for some reason.

But who owns Payoneer? Is it another Maltese Mafia?

You have to do your own AML and check out these guys before giving them money!!
it's Israeli company, their HQ in Tel-Aviv or somewhere in the center, I remember seeing their building but not sure which city, around Tel-Aviv pretty sure... Like Fiverr, also Israeli. They don't give a fk about anything, any Israeli company will do whatever they want, since "the country itself doesn't give a fk" about what others think of them, same goes to all the companies inside the country :))) if they want to terrorize their customers, they'll do that. If you have objections, they have a fleet of F-16 and US military support to counter your objections rof/% (I'm so long abroad that I'm not saying "we", I'm Israeli though, but yeah anyone and anything in our country doesn't give a fk, it's a culture thing. Basically impossible to enforce anything unless it's internal matters [like scamming of internal Israeli customer, will be a lot of noise, lawsuits, media, but for clients from abroad, naah, nobody cares, no enforcement possible IMHO, "that's what we do" ::deal with it parrot:: smi(&% ] ).
TLDR; I would NOT put any money in any Israeli EMI, less trust than to Cayman Islands EMI.... because "deal with it!" is in our blood. But yeah, sad about your experience guys :( I hope you'll be able to get the money back. I think it's much easier to get money back from an EU or US company, because there are some "customer is right" protections and laws at least, but Israel is a fkn wild west :( like the country itself lol. and omg how many times I was scammed in there by "my own tribe", endless times, while growing up... "morals? what's morals? show me where it's written in Moses bible!?" rof/% (no offence, just a joke =) but every joke has some basis lol)

it's Israeli company, their HQ in Tel-Aviv or somewhere in the center, I remember seeing their building but not sure which city, around Tel-Aviv pretty sure... Like Fiverr, also Israeli. They don't give a fk about anything, any Israeli company will do whatever they want, since "the country itself doesn't give a fk" about what others think of them, same goes to all the companies inside the country :))) if they want to terrorize their customers, they'll do that. If you have objections, they have a fleet of F-16 and US military support to counter your objections rof/% (I'm so long abroad that I'm not saying "we", I'm Israeli though, but yeah anyone and anything in our country doesn't give a fk, it's a culture thing. Basically impossible to enforce anything unless it's internal matters [like scamming of internal Israeli customer, will be a lot of noise, lawsuits, media, but for clients from abroad, naah, nobody cares, no enforcement possible IMHO, "that's what we do" ::deal with it parrot:: smi(&% ] ).
TLDR; I would NOT put any money in any Israeli EMI, less trust than to Cayman Islands EMI.... because "deal with it!" is in our blood. But yeah, sad about your experience guys :( I hope you'll be able to get the money back. I think it's much easier to get money back from an EU or US company, because there are some "customer is right" protections and laws at least, but Israel is a fkn wild west :( like the country itself lol. and omg how many times I was scammed in there by "my own tribe", endless times, while growing up... "morals? what's morals? show me where it's written in Moses bible!?" rof/% (no offence, just a joke =) but every joke has some basis lol)
Payoneer is a large public company, around for a long time and the standard partner for amazon, eBay etc.

They are probably the scale of wise.

So they are not some small shady EMI and definitely are reliable in that sense. Can they block accounts, as with all EMI it is possible but our experience is without a single issue and we are moving 5 digits.

Latest Threads