Our valued sponsor

personal account Mercury

void

freedom addicted ultra relativist
Pro Member
Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
After couple of recent mentions of Mercury I looked into it and on paper it seems like a serious alternative to wise.
I'm only interested in personal account for EU citizen - those who have experience with both services can you please point out what Wise has and Mercury doesn't?

After couple of recent mentions of Mercury I looked into it and on paper it seems like a serious alternative to wise.
I'm only interested in personal account for EU citizen - those who have experience with both services can you please point out what Wise has and Mercury doesn't?
Apart from what you've already been told about mercury only opening business accounts, mercury doesn't offer multi-currency accounts and debit cards.

Mercury is good for opening an account for your US LLC and it is designed to work with USD only.
When you make international transfers you can send money to another currency for a 1% conversion fee though.

For personal multicurrency accounts with debit card your best bet would be Wise in my opinion.

it surely is Wise however one must to be one or to steps ahead, hence looking for alternative truly multicurrency personal account with world-wide usable debit/prepaid card
What do you mean by “truly multicurrency”? Just a more currency wallets (keeping various currencies without conversion) or local payments in many currencies or cheap SWIFT, or...? (Generally, there are various possible solutions – for EU citizen; most of them IMO better than Wise ;) ).
(BTW, perhaps you should better start a new thread for this.)

What do you mean by “truly multicurrency”? Just a more currency wallets (keeping various currencies without conversion) or local payments in many currencies or cheap SWIFT, or...? (Generally, there are various possible solutions – for EU citizen; most of them IMO better than Wise ;) ).
(BTW, perhaps you should better start a new thread for this.)
by "multicurrency" I mean an account that allows receiving and holding balance in various currencies, making wire transfers in these currencies and provides currency conversion (preferably seamless on the fly) when paying around the world by card in local currency for reasonable fee (which Wise does)

by "multicurrency" I mean an account that allows receiving and holding balance in various currencies, making wire transfers in these currencies and provides currency conversion (preferably seamless on the fly) when paying around the world by card in local currency for reasonable fee (which Wise does)
OK. Then – just from my memory – try to check e.g. Conotoxia or Zen.com.

Latest Threads