Our valued sponsor

Personal accounts in Singapore\Hong Kong

Silvio

Pro Member
Jun 1, 2018
Visit site
Looking to open personal bank accounts in Singapore or Hong Kong.

So far I UOB Singapore is willing to open for 250k USD minimum deposit
DBS Singapore MAY be willing to do it as well for 250k. OCBC Singapore also but depends on nationality.

Anybody know any banks in HK that are willing to open personal accounts to non-residents?
I've heard that some of the small ones like ICBC are willing to open for smaller initial deposits.

Reactions: efai
Reactions: Silvio
I think it was confirmed few times here, i and i can say personally as well that Bank of China is the easiest at the moment (especially if you are EU resident), they don't even require address proof (they do require it for investment account though). Here is email from them

1. Customer are welcomed to apply personal accounts at branches in Hong
Kong. Please visit any of our branches in Hong Kong personally together
with identity document.

If you want to open investment account, please bring with latest 3 months
address proof.

For the details of required documents, you may visit our website
www.bochk.com > Home > Download Forms > Notices for Account Opening >
Documents Required for Opening Personal / Joint Accounts

Please be noted that the branch reserve final decision to accept those
document for account opening.

2. i-Free Banking provides you with a comprehensive range of banking
products and services, together with our multiple service channels,
enabling you to achieve your financial goals while enjoying the best in
life.

For Monthly Average Total Relationship Balance of i-Free Banking HK$10,000
or above, the Monthly Service Fee can be Waived, if Monthly Average Total
Relationship Balance below HK$10,000, Monthly Service Fee will be charged
HK$60.

Reactions: Silvio
The question is how reliable it is..

In what sense? It's a Chinese state owned bank and HK is part of China. so basically BOC is China. I would say getting your money in and out and fund safety shouldn't be an issue in offshore China state owned bank but perhaps someone else has first had experience conf/(%.

Reactions: 7889
There's a thing called wire transfer and its used to send money between banks.

You keep it in a bank funny enough.

P.S Now pass the blunt and don't be so greedy
i know SWIFT or SEPA but from which country and how easy it is to do it, because in my country to transfer such 200k you need to be a company with so many justifications of the reason behind it.

because in my country to transfer such 200k you need to be a company with so many justifications of the reason behind it.
What country is that? China. I have no capital controls for the countries where I hold accounts.

Reactions: TurnedToRobot
I'm not a souadi, don't kill me a Jamal khashoggi hh

What happened to dear Jamal was very unfortunate my brother. There was an ever so slight misunderstanding with him. But lets be friends why not. If ever you are in Riyadh my brother feel free to come to the Ritz Carlton I will shut it down....just for you ca#"!.

@aplusbangla When we hang out at the Riyadh Ritz Carlton.....you by your ankles dangling from the rooms chandler naturally, you can freely tell me where you are from if you don't want to say on this board. Members of my own family enjoyed their stay at the Ritz Carlton. They gave me $106bn freely and I received many compliments from them after they left freely.

not china or asia.. mister MBS

Just call me Mr Bonesaw I feel we are friends now my brother.

By the way in case it interests anybody, I've called the following banks and this is what I got:

ICBC Asia (personal acct)

Minimum deposit 10000 HKD

Citibank HK (personal acct)
Initial deposit 1,500,000 HKD

OCBC Wing Hang
according to their site for premier banking it's $1,000,000 HKD

And allegedly Standard Chartered Bank HK also would open account.

But of course milage may vary and just because they said they will open on the phone, doesn't necessary mean it'll be possible.. (except ICBC which I think will open)

By the way in case it interests anybody, I've called the following banks and this is what I got:

ICBC Asia (personal acct)
Minimum deposit 10000 HKD

Citibank HK (personal acct)
Initial deposit 1,500,000 HKD

OCBC Wing Hang
according to their site for premier banking it's $1,000,000 HKD

And allegedly Standard Chartered Bank HK also would open account.

But of course milage may vary and just because they said they will open on the phone, doesn't necessary mean it'll be possible.. (except ICBC which I think will open)

Thanks for sharing! Let me ask you two questions

Does ICBC require a visit to HK?

Do you know if I can create a bank account in China, from ICBC's branch in another country?

Latest Threads