Our valued sponsor

Personal bank account Italy?

void

freedom addicted ultra relativist
Pro Member
Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
Does anybody have a recent experience with opening personal bank (not EMI) account in any Italian bank for an EU citizen (non Italian) renting a flat in Italy?
I don't expect any bank would support remote opening in this bureaucratic hell...
Is passport and rental agreement enough?
Thanks

You can open a personal bank account in most of the banks in Italy, if you are a EU citizen. The passport and an address is enough to open it.
No permanent stay permit or registration on "Anagrafe" needed?
Is a one year rental agreement enough to support the address?

One particular bank you'd recommend or have experience with that one should start with?

Curious, don't they have this huge questionnaire and all the usual forms to be filled as they have for instant in Germany?

Wonder if you tried at your own to walk into a bank in Italy and ask them to open an account for you?

You can walk into any bank in Italy to open an account. I did this in Bolzano with Cassa di Risparmio(Sparkasse), Monte dei Paschi,
Raiffeisenbank and Volksbank.
Volksbank has a nice service.They have ready made VISA debit cards without the clients name on which will be activated after the account is open.
Better you call them before to arrange an appointment and ask for their requirements.

Last year. Yes almost all bank clearks speak English/German/Italian.
Codice Fiscale,Passport. I provided an Address in the EU.
As we all know banks changes their policies almost overnight , so better to call them in advance.

Latest Threads