Our valued sponsor

Personal Tax free Country List ( No tax on Individuals )

realistically, only UAE seems to be properly liveable. foo bar baz
I would pick the Bahamas or the Cayman Islands over UAE any day of the week.
Its not particularly nice living in a country where the locals consider you sub-human and where standards of equality and rule of law are very relative.

I totally agree with @Golden Fleece that Monaco is so, so, so, so much more livable than UAE. Incredibly better weather, the whole of South of France and North of Italy and Europe at your doorstep... I've visited a 3br house in the old centre of Monaco that was going for 6.5k EUR a month. That is totally comparable to UAE real estate in prices.

Hell, I would even prefer Anguilla because it's more or less well connected via St Maarten.
But the idea of living in a Muslim police state? Thanks, but no thanks.

If you can't afford any of the above options but UAE, I still think that something like CY or some territorial setup is way more livable, at least for me.

Last edited:
all the countries I mentioned are on the list of the nomad capitalist , he should know better

With all due respect, I would take everything from the "Nomad Capitalist" with a grain of salt. Nay, rather a bucket of salt.
A lot of what that bloke says in so utterly impregnated with horse sh*t that at this stage, I cannot take anything he(they) say(s) seriously.

On livable point of View and safety and security , There will be only two Country UAE and Monaco.
Living on island , Sound glamorous but In reality , It is not realistic.

Sometime , Finding Tax free residency costs you Life.

In this area Monaco and UAE is much safer by all means.
Human and Natural disaster.

Picking up this old thread ...
I am wondering about Bahrain. For a private individual requirements appear to be quite low if these figures are still valid (?):
  • A foreigner has to invest a minimum of BHD 100'000.- into a buisness -or-
  • A foreigner must buy a property for at least BHD 50'000.- in a touristic zone + must have a monthly minimum income of BHD 500.- -or-
  • Retirees above 55 years must generate a minimum income of BHD 500.-/month
Anybody has any experience with this tiny country (positive or negative)?

I am wondering about Bahrain. For a private individual requirements appear to be quite low if these figures are still valid (?):
  • A foreigner must buy a property for at least BHD 50'000.- in a touristic zone + must have a monthly minimum income of BHD 500.- -or-
I’d also be quite interested in that.

I have no experience with this program, but that's a great find actually.

from the official website, it seems like the requirements are still the same, and it's called a self sponsor visa (because generally GCC countries require a sponsor for you to live and work there ) and it's a multi entry visa that's valid for 2, 5 and 10 years.

you can actually apply for the visa by yourself online here: Bahrain Electronic Visa Service so I think overall, it seems pretty easy and straight forward.

regarding the property route, you need to buy in touristy areas like Al Juffair, Busaiteen, Amwaj...etc. but that's not a problem since most people (Specially expats) seems to prefer staying in al juffair because it's cheaper and more bustling, so you will have no problem reselling your property if you choose to.

and as you can find here, there are good properties that will meet the requirements of the property route.

Although Bahrain is tiny, it's pretty much flies under the radar and it could be a great option for people who don't mind spending some time in this country.

Latest Threads