Our valued sponsor

Post 9/11 world

Alfrankenstein

BANNED MEMBER
Mar 21, 2023
Canada
Visit site
Is fincen the chief/primary agency that deals with fighting off money laundering within the u.s.? If a u.s. citizen was returning from abroad with a lot of money to declare, who or what would investigate the money meticulously if it was like 800 million usd or more? I only ask because after the 911 attacks i would think that the u.s. federal government would enact tougher money laundering laws... but how could this much money assuming it was laundered slip through the cracks then? How could such amounts of money under fincen's very nose go unnoticed then? I have a hypothetical scenario here. Mr x travels to kuwait or lebanon but not dubai. When he arrives there he meets with a saudi offshore banker who tells him that he has friends who are accountants and lawyers who wont ask for source of funds... the saudi banker tells him that all he needs to do is live and work in kuwait for a year before cashing out on one condition. Mr x must declare the money once back in the u.s. and pay taxes on it. If this "clean" money went into the system does this mean fincen failed after all?

Don't worry he outstayed his welcome.

Reactions: Marie Manila
About time, aside from that, 9/11 was the marking point where Western nations slipped into authoritarianism surveillance states, the irony (for me) is that i generally feel safer walking in 3rd world nations than i would in the UK and by all accounts the US today, which was not caused by terrorism, but populistic politics.

And because things like this happen in US smi(&%

Tennessee hotel guest wakes up to night manager sucking on his toes​

Latest Threads