Our valued sponsor

Power of Attorney is it required for all offshore companies?

DeMajor

Offshore Agent
Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
I was asked for a PoA (power of attorney) by one of the credit card payment processors we want to work with. I don't know what it is, they told me all offshore company owners have a PoA and that I will be required to provide it in order to proceed!

From all the documents I have received for this particular company I don't have a PoA!! Do you know how I can come further from here?

Do you have nominees appointed or are you the director and shareholder of the company?

Are you sure that you don't have some other appointed director for this Company? Usually the Merchant account providers know exactly what to ask for and are doing a good review of the corporate documents they get.

So only if nominees are appointed i.e. director and shareholder a poa is required can you confirm this?
That is correct, or if your friend is director of the company or any other 3rd party then you will need a PoA!

If its the representative that is the one who creates the company, you may need to give a power to him. That is where Power of Attorney comes to use. It will easily authorize your lawyer for the business you want to make.