Our valued sponsor

Prediction of Ripple for 2018 what do you think?

diablo

Pro Member
Feb 23, 2017
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I read alot about crypto currency and the different coins and tokens. So I stumbled upon the below article I found:
IMO, this cryptocurrency will be at $20–$25.
The total money in the banks all over the world is estimated around 5–10 trillion USD. If we apply the 20–80 rule, say 10% to 20% of that money is invested in ripple, the market cap of it will be around 1–2 trillion. I start from 1 trillion, and we all know the market cap now is around 40 billion. Do a simple math, the right price of this cryptocurrency will be $25.
The reason why I mentioned about the money in banks is that Ripple mainly support for banks and financial institutions. Logically, they need a good weapon to fight against other giants such as Bitcoin and ETH in term of money transaction. Moreover, the fast speed of transaction which is done by Ripple are extremely impressive for me.
At the moment there are more and more banks and financial institutions which are applying Ripple network, and I optimistically believe that at least 50% the money which banks are holding now will be on Ripple in the future. So the end price of Ripple will be around $50 to $100, and this is a good choice if you really want a long term Investment.

Do you believe that Ripple will go that high during February 2018 - I read another article where the author says it will never go higher than 5$ so I wonder what you guys that have a great knowledge about crypto say?

I tend to look at Ripple on one hand as a proxy for other cryptos but also I cynically look at XRP as the Enron of Cryptos. I am also a bit wary: Is it perhaps a Pump and Dump? If Ripple say hit $10 - this would give it a market cap in excess of a trillion dollars. Suddenly this coin that is centrally controlled becomes more valueable than decentralized true-to-the-spirit coins like BTC, ETH etc. Other than a trading tool it doesn't really hold much value like BTC or ETH.

But that aside, it's the centrally controlled part that I don't like with Ripple. I am not accusing anyone of anything but we are talking about an unregulated market (cryptos on the whole that is) and XRP is essentially run out of the hands of just some select people. I'd say these are greate ingredients to make something ripe for manipulation! All the while if XRP takes a big dive, because the large holders decide to dump one day, this will have the 'ripple' effect for the rest of the cryptos (sorry for the pun) creating chaos for all.

So when I used the word 'proxy' above, what I mean is that I simple monitor XRP but do not hold. I am on the fence on taking a position in XRP - just for quick speculation. But right now I have not done so. Still I like to monitor it. If it starts showing signs of weakness, then it says to me it's time for me to liquidate my BTC, ETH and LTC holdings as I'd expect a pump and dump in XRP will create fear in the other coins...

After Enron came about new SEC Regulations like Sarbanes Oxley etc. If XRP were to be a pump and dump, will this be a catalyst to increase regulatory oversight on cryptos? Would that spell the end of 3 and 4 digit growth rates that we've all grown to love over the past year?

I could be wrong on XRP and I hope I am, just not entirely sure its the best crypto play out there....

Latest Threads