Our valued sponsor

Question about closing an offshore account

tooshy

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi all.

I recently decided to close my offshore bank account because they were becoming a real hassle - they suddenly started to only accepted payments to and from Target 2 banks and only in EUR while my main business is in USD.
So, I withdrew all my money via CC and wire transfer and asked to close the account - all my money was in usd and the withdrawals were made in USD.
When I requested the account closure, my balance was $3 or something like that. Now, apparently because they convert all the money to EUR before processing, they also charge commissions for this. This led to a situation where a few days later my bank account because -70 euros.
Now, they've been badgering me to pay them the amount. I actually even tried but since I don't have a target2 bank account they keep refusing the payments.
No only this, but now they're also asking me for a scanned copy of Certificate of Incumbency from Registrar.

Why do they want this and do I have to provide it even though I asked to close my account (this has been going on since June of this year.
Also, what would the repercussions be if I don't settle this debt? Would they go after me for 70 euros?

Thanks

Why do they want this and do I have to provide it even though I asked to close my account (this has been going on since June of this year
No just ask them to close the account.

Is the account opened in your name i.e. personal account?
What bank is it?

Well if it is under the company name you can send them a final e-mail that you want the account closed and that you won't pay the oustanding amount since the company has no money.

So you don't need to care any longer about it, what will they do?!

I already asked them to close it in June
It's T B I and it's under a offshore company.
Did you sort it out with your agent or you moved on?

I would have kept the account at all costs. It get harder and harder to get an offshore account opened i.e. more paperwork more documents that one need to provide.

Ask the bank to shut up and ignore their mails, so they will close the account sooner or later! Don't provide additional docs if you don't want to keep the account.