Our valued sponsor

Questions about EMI/CRS and offshore company

Richie

Aug 24, 2017
Visit site
Hello

I have some doubts in relation EMI and new CRS implementation system using offshore company. As far as I know all EMI will report information about business company representative (registered as business contact in EMI platform) to his country.

At this point, what is the advantage of having an offshore company if they can relate to you with the company?

That you are the representative does not imply that you are the owner?

In the case of using darcs, it may be a problem in the future?

Not all seem to report you. As far as it looks then Worldcore for instant does not. Most EMI's that are not owned by a bank but only registered as financial service provider will not report you as far as it is right now. It can change any time soon and this would also just be a "guess" somehow since according to Money Laundering regulations which apply worldwide you have to collect and report financial transactions somehow.

https://www.oecd.org/tax/exchange-of-tax-information/CRS-related-FAQs.pdf
Page 17

7. Excluded Accounts - low-value electronic money accounts
Under what conditions can electronic money accounts that are Depository Accounts be Excluded Accounts pursuant to Section VIII(C)(17)(g)?

The mere fact that a Financial Account is an electronic money account does not by itself enable that Financial Account to be specified by a jurisdiction in its domestic law as a low-risk Excluded Account. In order for such Financial Accounts to be specified as Excluded Accounts under the domestic law of an implementing jurisdiction pursuant to Section VIII(C)(17)(g), the jurisdiction needs to ensure that the accounts present a low risk for being used for tax evasion, have substantially similar characteristics to another category of Excluded Accounts and that their status as an Excluded Account does not frustrate the purposes of the CRS.

The Commentary on Section VIII(C)(17)(g) provides examples of such low-risk jurisdiction-specific Excluded Accounts. As an example of a low-risk Excluded Account in the context of financial inclusion, Example 5 states that a Depository Account subject to financial regulation

(i) that provides defined and limited services, so as to increase financial inclusion,
(ii) on which monthly deposits cannot exceed USD 1 250 and
(iii) for which Financial Institutions have been allowed to apply simplified AML/KYC procedures consistent with the FATF Recommendations may be a low-risk Excluded Account.

Provided that electronic money accounts are regulated and meet the requirements of Section VIII(C)(17)(g), they may be defined as an Excluded Account by the implementing jurisdiction. The above-mentioned example can provide further illustrative guidance as to when the requirements of Section VIII(C)(17)(g) would be met in the context of financial inclusion.

Thanks for the link. I had always thought EMIs were under the CRS regulations when they had a banking license (most do, like Paysera or Mistertango), but I see it's more complicated...

I guess the only way out is do everything, I mean to live and to work, outside of any AEOI country. That's what I'm trying to do.

The Common Reporting Standard (CRS) is a new, single global standard on Automatic Exchange of Information (AEOI). On 29 October 2014, 51 jurisdictions (countries and territories) signed a multilateral agreement to automatically exchange information on financial accounts for tax purposes. During the following year, 23 jurisdictions have joined the convention. This is the first ever agreement to exchange this type of information automatically. By the end of 2018, when more jurisdictions join the convention, 96 jurisdictions will exchange the information on financial accounts.

This new regime involves the systematic and periodic transmission of taxpayer information by the source country to the residence country concerning various categories of income – it goes much further than just interest income. This means that tax authorities will automatically receive information on all the financial assets their taxpayers own overseas without having to ask for it.

Although almost all European countries and offshore financial centers will participate in the information exchange, there are still several European countries and offshore financial centers which will not exchange the information automatically. One of them is North Cyprus. Northern Cyprus does not participate and doen not plan to sign Tax Information Exchange Agreements (TIEA), The Convention on Mutual Administrative Assistance in Tax Matters, FATCA (Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act), and other tax and account information exchange treaties.

Some EMI (Okpay, Leupay) are asking for TIN's. It's clear that they are going to report.

A lot of are not asking for TIN. Some of TIN's were asked if they are going to report and they denied that at least now (i.e. epayservises, paxum).

Could they report without TIN?

Some EMI (Okpay, Leupay) are asking for TIN's. It's clear that they are going to report.

A lot of are not asking for TIN. Some of TIN's were asked if they are going to report and they denied that at least now (i.e. epayservises, paxum).

Could they report without TIN?

Yes sure, they have your Passport copy, no need for your TIN.

When opening a bank account they ask you for your passport and a utility bill.
Most likely to provide a utility bill you need to be resident and anyway they ask you what's your tax residency... lying is illegal and up to you !

What if I buy real gold bars
goldbar.jpg

Will I get reported if I store them at home?