Our valued sponsor

Rate the PT Setup

That sounds good. I have a freelance visa, which is 3-4k a year, so it's not a big deal.

I didn't plan to rent in the UAE. I've rented in the past and have my old Ejari. I can change the lease date there lol.

Yeah, I think it's a good idea to get a visa in SEA.

I can go to Thailand for 90 days visa-free, and the visa runs works, so I think I can even live on a tourist visa in Thailand.

In my opinion, UAE looks more legit since I'm a resident there, but in SEA, I'm a tourist, even with a Thai Elite - I'm a tourist.

Have you guys seen the new Indonesia kitas prices? We should create a new thread about that.

Non-western passport that gives you 90 days in Thailand, huh? We might be from the same land, or vecinos at least :)

That makes sense if you can use your old Ejari somehow. But remember that using fake bills has its risks too.

A SEA address can be completely legit, since you'll actually be renting and spending time there, and so nothing would be fake. A lot of banks accept ED visas, Thai Elite, etc.

Plus, many banks don't even ask for any of that, they just want to see a lease agreement, utility bill or a local bank statement. It depends on the bank and the country too.

I think that if you want to keep your UAE residency though, it comes with its advantages too, so your setup looks solid enough.

Also, remember that you can have multiple residencies anyways, so you can try opening personal accounts in different countries and in some of them use your UAE address, in others try to see if you can use a SEA address, and so on. This could help you learn a thing or two in case that you need to do some modifications to your setup in a few years down the road, which you'll very likely need to do, since you'll outgrow the setup eventually.

Non-western passport that gives you 90 days in Thailand, huh? We might be from the same land, or vecinos at least :)

That makes sense if you can use your old Ejari somehow. But remember that using fake bills has its risks too.

A SEA address can be completely legit, since you'll actually be renting and spending time there, and so nothing would be fake. A lot of banks accept ED visas, Thai Elite, etc.

Plus, many banks don't even ask for any of that, they just want to see a lease agreement, utility bill or a local bank statement. It depends on the bank and the country too.

I think that if you want to keep your UAE residency though, it comes with its advantages too, so your setup looks solid enough.

Also, remember that you can have multiple residencies anyways, so you can try opening personal accounts in different countries and in some of them use your UAE address, in others try to see if you can use a SEA address, and so on. This could help you learn a thing or two in case that you need to do some modifications to your setup in a few years down the road, which you'll very likely need to do, since you'll outgrow the setup eventually.
I want to keep my UAE residency and use my UAE address because it will be easy to show them that I live there and pay taxes in the UAE.

Because it will be hard to obtain TRC in SEA, and I don't want to, with the UAE, I say that UAE doesn't issue it for my country.

I have some bank accounts in SEA already.

If I use the SEA address, I'm just afraid that someone will ask where I pay taxes and where I am a tax resident, even though my accountant doesn't allow me to use any fake addresses etc. It's also interesting what he will say, he will probably say ok, you've moved out of the UAE, so use your actual address in another country.

So yeah, the issue with SEA is how to show the tax residency.

In Thailand I can get a driving license and use it as my ID and still being on the tourist visa with long term lease.

Last edited:
Reactions: scooterguy
I want to keep my UAE residency and use my UAE address because it will be easy to show them that I live there and pay taxes in the UAE.

Because it will be hard to obtain TRC in SEA, and I don't want to, with the UAE, I say that UAE doesn't issue it for my country.

I have some bank accounts in SEA already.

If I use the SEA address, I'm just afraid that someone will ask where I pay taxes and where I am a tax resident, even though my accountant doesn't allow me to use any fake addresses etc. It's also interesting what he will say, he will probably say ok, you've moved out of the UAE, so use your actual address in another country.

So yeah, the issue with SEA is how to show the tax residency.

In Thailand I can get a driving license and use it as my ID and still being on the tourist visa with long term lease.

You can very easily get a TRC in SEA. Remember that tax residency has nothing to do with your visa.

Just spend 180 days in Thailand in a tax year and you're already a tax resident. Then you can request a tax ID, pay tax on remitted money, and get a TRC, all in one morning at the the RD. Certificate of Residence (Individual Taxpayer).

By the way, where did you get that information that UAE does not issue a TRC for your country? It issues it for all countries, as far as I know, and it requires you to be in UAE for 180 days. But I could be wrong.

You can very easily get a TRC in SEA. Remember that tax residency has nothing to do with your visa.

Just spend 180 days in Thailand in a tax year and you're already a tax resident. Then you can request a tax ID, pay tax on remitted money, and get a TRC, all in one morning at the the RD. Certificate of Residence (Individual Taxpayer).

By the way, where did you get that information that UAE does not issue a TRC for your country? It issues it for all countries, as far as I know, and it requires you to be in UAE for 180 days. But I could be wrong.
For some countries UAE issue only domestic TRC, but yes now they issue for all countries.
You can get domestic TRC staying 90 days with some conditions.

Reactions: yngmind

It works only if there is a double taxation threaty between your country and the uae

It works only if there is a double taxation threaty between your country and the uae
It works also if you have homes in 2 countries.
DTT's first residency test is often the existence of home.
Now let's say you have:
  • one home in the country A
  • the other home in the UAE
Then we need to move forward to the next test.
The second test is the centre of life interests, so you should establish some substance in UAE, and at the same time avoid other ties with country A. Freelancer income in UAE could be okay to be considered a UAE tax resident.

This way you can actually get the TRC based on staying just 1 day or theoretically even 0 days in both countries, and be more "compliant", and not wake up after a few years without any history of tax residence anywhere.

Whether it is feasible depends on the passport, but it works well for EU citizens.

Happy to assist further. Feel free to PM.

Reactions: yngmind
no, havent seen that. where are these info available?
For Kitas now $700k is required.

It works also if you have homes in 2 countries.
DTT's first residency test is often the existence of home.
Now let's say you have:
  • one home in the country A
  • the other home in the UAE
Then we need to move forward to the next test.
The second test is the centre of life interests, so you should establish some substance in UAE, and at the same time avoid other ties with country A. Freelancer income in UAE could be okay to be considered a UAE tax resident.

This way you can actually get the TRC based on staying just 1 day or theoretically even 0 days in both countries, and be more "compliant", and not wake up after a few years without any history of tax residence anywhere.

Whether it is feasible depends on the passport, but it works well for EU citizens.

Happy to assist further. Feel free to PM.
Yeah, I agree.

It's better to be a tax resident somewhere.

But it all comes with the obligations of filing returns to the UAE and paying taxes too.

Crazy, and these are requirement for indonesian residence... I don't understand who can even consider that
They are delusional! Nobody, except "suspicious" Chinese with "suspicious" money, will do that!
I went to Monaco and purchased a home decades ago with less than that! Even today, you can enter Monaco with less than that!

I would love to sit down and question the idiots who come up with these crazy requirements...unless they are setting themselves up to shun refugees by having something in place with an entry bar too high.

Let's face it: The EU is bothering even Switzerland to allow refugees in, but NOT Monaco! Nobody is asking Monaco to accept any refugees.

I'm trying to find the source exactly for kitas, it says 10.000.000.000 IDR will be required to get an investor kitas, which is $630k.
Bali guys, post the links
Screenshot 2023-11-06 at 21.34.42.png

Screenshot 2023-11-06 at 21.38.02.png

They are delusional! Nobody, except "suspicious" Chinese with "suspicious" money, will do that!
I went to Monaco and purchased a home decades ago with less than that! Even today, you can enter Monaco with less than that!

I would love to sit down and question the idiots who come up with these crazy requirements...unless they are setting themselves up to shun refugees by having something in place with an entry bar too high.

Let's face it: The EU is bothering even Switzerland to allow refugees in, but NOT Monaco! Nobody is asking Monaco to accept any refugees.
Or they give residencies to sanctioned Russians maybe.. other way does not make any sense.
Exactly, you can immigrate to Monaco with less than that.
Just for Monaco you should have EU/EEA passport. Other way is more complicated

Reactions: jafo
Or they give residencies to sanctioned Russians maybe.. other way does not make any sense
Yes. This is very true. This was lost on me. I didn't think of that as in my mind, due to all the Russian sanctions, I had to step away from them (momentarily)...as I'm still wandering around the West and its vassal states. Not looking to attract undue attention. Even Russian girls I stay away from now. :rolleyes:

Latest Threads