Our valued sponsor

Question Re invoicing for transit trade.

TheTrader

May 25, 2021
Worldwide
Visit site
Hello everyone,
I am someone who buys products from different countries and sells them at a profit to different customers in different countries. I deal with products like seafood to building materials. Most of the items I sell under my own brand(not in Amazon, I deal with Wholesale businesses). Very traditional business in that sense, nothing fancy. Coming from a non-business background and being the total fool that I am, my go-to way was starting offices in the countries I wanted to do business.
Very recently I understood that there were easier ways, and I found this forum (hope I don't have to waste too much time and money again, learning things). According to my present knowledge, I can open a company in some jurisdiction like Hong Kong, Singapore, or one in Shanghai FTZ(not sure), RAK(read somewhere) and do transit trade with re-invoicing. Meaning, I can buy from China in my Hong Kong company's name and issue an invoice in my Hong Kong Company's name(by reinvoicing) and sell to someone in Egypt without the goods ever touching Hong Kong. The Egyptian Company pays my Hong Kong Company and my company pays the Chinese Supplier. The profits made in the trade are considered in Hong Kong Jurisdiction, which I hope is a better place to keep profits. I pay almost 25-30% tax on my profits as of now, and I am willing to relocate.
So my questions are :
1. Am I right? This is all information from the internet.
2. If I am right, which are the countries that allow this kind of business?
3. Can my business be located in Hong Kong and Bank account be in another country? Is that possible with a Hong Kong Company? Which place would you guys recommend in this scenario?

Thank you.

Thank you for the reply.
Is there a way to get the complete list available for 2?
For 3, if Singapore is possible then it might be better to start the company there, right? Or is Hong Kong better in a tax point of view?
2. There are many places, but reputations are different and affect to your chance to open bank accounts. Depending on your passport, chance to open bank account is also different
3. For the Tax point of view, HongKong and Singapore are mostly similar (16.5% vs 17%). You can claim the offshore status from HongKong but not easy and you may need to prove your tax residence. 0% tax is at UAE, Caribbean Islands but opening bank account is difficult. Where do you do business and where is your residence are other important matters

I am an Indian citizen, does business with China, GCC and India. What are my options that allow re-invoicing without transit and the ability to open a bank account? Would be far more better if I can find some reliable service providers.
Well, for Indian citizen, UAE is a good choice. You can rellocate easily to UAE and there is a big Indian community there. However, UAE will be a bit expensive for a starting company but it is worth for long-term. I cannot suggest service providers if I don't use them, but my advice is you need to choose the Agent who can support you to open bank account. Ask them how to open bank account with your details from the very beginning and ask some members in this forum for experience