Our valued sponsor

Reliable EMI - Bank

The man asked for options for the UK. I sent him a list of payment systems with which I myself worked, but yes, it’s true that you emphasized that they open accounts there only for residents. If the question would be localized, then I would filter them for a specific request
Sorry I was not specific with my question.I had asked for a emi or bank that would provide business iban to a uk ltd company run by a non resident. Thanks for your suggestions.very helpful

For UK IBAN + sort code there is currently nothing better then Clearbank available - they are getting re-selled only from serious EMI's.

They are some kind of unicorn in the UK and really provide a difference - they have actually not only GBP but EUR/USD etc. as well through Omnibus Accounts at big financial institutions like JP Morgan.
Fred, do you mean this bank ?
Accounts.
They only open account for other fintechs or banks etc who are themselves FCA regulated.
I don't see any option there for opening a corporate IBAN for a UK Ltd company
Maybe I got the wrong website ?

Last edited:
Sorry I was not specific with my question.I had asked for a emi or bank that would provide business iban to a uk ltd company run by a non resident. Thanks for your suggestions.very helpful

Accounts.
They only open account for other fintechs or banks etc who are themselves FCA regulated.
Yes, of course, you can open a limited liability company being a non-resident of this country, for example, in Revolut or in Wise,Zen. The convenience of using this company depends on the goals you are pursuing. Please note that when registering you need to specify the address for correspondence. You can specify the address of a virtual office, and if, for example, you turn to specialized services for help in opening, they will provide you with an address. You will need employers’ insurance if you hire employees and possibly might need other insurance policies as well. You need to know your taxes and when to file the respective paperwork — this is most easily dealt with by your accountant. In fact, there are a lot of such companies that will make it possible to open a company for a non-resident, and just an account, especially now they open a lot of things for Ukrainians

For UK IBAN + sort code there is currently nothing better then Clearbank available - they are getting re-selled only from serious EMI's.

They are some kind of unicorn in the UK and really provide a difference - they have actually not only GBP but EUR/USD etc. as well through Omnibus Accounts at big financial institutions like JP Morgan.

Accounts.
No, you got the proper website and it is true what you posted.
Neverthless, I agree with @Fred that their infrastructure seems to be working really well – AFAIK.
@Fred, would you mind sharing some names of trustworthy EMIs that are backed by ClearBank? I am aware only of Tide (and perhaps Bankera but I do not consider it trustworthy ;) ). (PEXA, Raisin and Kroo that I know as backed by ClearBank are not EMIs offering business accounts.)

I am seeking a reliable EMI

Having the words "reliable" and "EMI" in the same phrase is an oxymoron.

Reliable means something along the lines of "you can count on"

You can have a reliable bank but not EMI because with bank you can step into a branch and speak to humans. Yes, they are monkeys but you can speak to the manager to understand what the problem is and how to solve it quickly.

With EMI's you are limited to emails and chat mostly.

In the present and even more in the future i guess people will choose where to do business based not only on taxes but also on how easy it will be to deal with banks.

I would go with Credit Suisse, they are the easiest to deal with according to a drug cartel :)

Having the words "reliable" and "EMI" in the same phrase is an oxymoron.

Reliable means something along the lines of "you can count on"

You can have a reliable bank but not EMI because with bank you can step into a branch and speak to humans. Yes, they are monkeys but you can speak to the manager to understand what the problem is and how to solve it quickly.

With EMI's you are limited to emails and chat mostly.
With all due respect, I cannot agree.
– It can happen perfectly in a bank that the only manager you have access to is also just a monkey, or even simply dumbass.
– It is true that EMIs usually do not have branches; but the phone support in not rare. (Even Wise that I definitely do not consider a well-working EMI has it.)
– If really s**t hits the fan, in both cases you have just an option to go with some institution like a financial ombudsman/arbiter (if such exists) or go to a court; whether you have troubles with a bank or an EMI, generally does not matter.

With all due respect, I cannot agree

Ok that's your opinion.

Maybe it's my bias but just the fact that i could walk in a branch and know that i could speak to somebody and then escalate to the manager in case of problems gives me peace of mind.

With EMIs you could trigger a false positive and even if you speak with somebody via phone the process will take longer.

Of course i'm not talking about drug trafficking, in that case you will have problems with either EMIs and banks but not with Credit Suisse! LOL

Reactions: Forester
Dear all,

I am revisiting a subject I mentioned quite some time ago, amidst various discussions. I am in search of a reputable and trustworthy EMI that can accommodate accounts for companies based in Europe and the UAE. These companies have been in operation for years, primarily within the technology sector, and are fully transparent, with a customer base consisting of large, well-established European businesses.

At present, I am using Wise for the European company and Bankera for the other. However, both Wise and Bankera have their shortcomings, such as occasional account freezes (Wise) or repetitive requests for the same documentation every couple of weeks, which incurs significant costs (Bankera - e.g., company Certificate of Incumbency, personal documents etc).

These issues consume a considerable amount of time, taking away from my core business operations.

I am seeking a reliable EMI with professional service that operates similarly to a traditional bank. I am open to rigorous KYC procedures, as long as I can ultimately rely on the account. The ongoing fees and frequent time-consuming tasks are proving to be quite challenging for my business.

Could you kindly recommend EMIs for me to consider (or Reliable Banks too that I can open remote)?

Thank you.

To clarify my concerns: I am incredibly exhausted from dealing with these seemingly amateurish EMIs. Instead of focusing on my business, I find myself constantly submitting documents and sending emails to providers like Wise, who take 5-6 days to respond. Such EMIs should not exist, as they only cause problems for customers.

While I understand the importance of KYC procedures, it is unreasonable for these providers to request the same information repeatedly within short timeframes. Blocking accounts and causing issues for customers who struggle to receive payments is not acceptable. And then, suddenly, these unprofessional EMIs return with a "thank you, we completed the due diligence... for this week."

I am seeking to work with true professionals, not amateurs. My companies are 100% transparent, and I am more than willing to work with any bank or EMI that conducts thorough controls. There are no questionable activities, such as adult content, crypto, money laundering, or any other unsavory practices.

I apologize for expressing my frustration, but the current situation is simply untenable. Thank you for understanding.

To clarify my concerns: I am incredibly exhausted from dealing with these seemingly amateurish EMIs. Instead of focusing on my business, I find myself constantly submitting documents and sending emails to providers like Wise, who take 5-6 days to respond. Such EMIs should not exist, as they only cause problems for customers.

While I understand the importance of KYC procedures, it is unreasonable for these providers to request the same information repeatedly within short timeframes. Blocking accounts and causing issues for customers who struggle to receive payments is not acceptable. And then, suddenly, these unprofessional EMIs return with a "thank you, we completed the due diligence... for this week."

I am seeking to work with true professionals, not amateurs. My companies are 100% transparent, and I am more than willing to work with any bank or EMI that conducts thorough controls. There are no questionable activities, such as adult content, crypto, money laundering, or any other unsavory practices.

I apologize for expressing my frustration, but the current situation is simply untenable. Thank you for understanding.
True, but there are a lot of EMIs in EU and UK, that are ready to work with existing business without such issues, as you have in Wise. You need only find a reliable partner to open an account in such EMI.

The best experience in cooperating in the UK was with Payset.
Do you have some experience with Multipass, Wamo and MoneyNetInt? If so, would you mind sharing?