Our valued sponsor

Revolut Business for non- Resident US LLC

Interested as well, tried to onboard some months ago and they said that they are not ready yet

Reactions: Novice
Last edited:
Wise will take you on board as long as you pass the ID verification, both personal and business.
They verify foreigners by ID and not by SSN. EIN is not required for sm-llcs so they don't care about it.
But sooner or later, if single member, you'll have to tell IRS where you, as the ultimate foreign owner, are paying taxes... e.g. part II of the form 5472, FTIN.

It will not possible, but you can apply for ITIN number by filing a return and paying some taxes.
am I reading this correctly? are you suggesting to apply for ITIN to pay some (personal) voluntary US taxes even if you are not required to? does this fly past IRS?
are you doing this to not give them your FTIN? (foreing tax identification number)?

If you chat with Wise, do it in business hours and ask for the business team. The "general" support is vague and they repeat the same thing over and over, but they don't actually know detailed stuff.

It's very easy to get an ITIN. You don't have to actually pay any US taxes or even file tax forms, except the ITIN application.
The user has been giving a lot of really strange "advice" here. Makes me doubt the requirements for becoming a CPA in the US.

It's very easy to get an ITIN. You don't have to actually pay any US taxes or even file tax forms, except the ITIN application.
The user has been giving a lot of really strange "advice" here. Makes me doubt the requirements for becoming a CPA in the US.
Not so easy if you live outside USA, you have to mail your passport to the IRS office in US and wait months before getting the passport back, or go with some of the IRS authorized agents (if you live in europe) that charge good money just to physically check your passport (and if you don’t have one in your country mail the passport to them, only difference with directly mailing to IRS is the cost and that they are faster to send you back your document) and yes, you have to file a tax report to get the ITIN.

I'm not sure what "good money" is for you, but you can get it done for a couple hundred bucks.
I believe you can even get it done using an online notary service.
No, you don't have to file a tax report to get the ITIN. The ITIN application form is a separate form.

I'm not sure what "good money" is for you, but you can get it done for a couple hundred bucks.
I believe you can even get it done using an online notary service.
No, you don't have to file a tax report to get the ITIN. The ITIN application form is a separate form.
600/700 is what I saw for this service from London or Benelux, and again you have to send the passport to them and they keep the passport 2/3 weeks. If you have a different experience please share it, would be really appreciated.

Sure it's EASY to apply for ITIN you submit the form W-7 with a verified passport copy via CAA agent or Local US embassy, or you must send the Original Passport, HOWEVER, on the form W7 you have to state the reasons why you need an ITIN for LLC (non-resident) = "b": Non-resident Alien filing a US tax return", so, it's to file your tax form from the LLC for the first year of trading. Now, if they approve, you may still have to wait 2-4 mths to actually get the number, especially with Covid, so plan ahead. My tip apply halfway through the first year -latest, as you may need to re-apply. NO TAXES are payable upon application, it's AN "ID" that initially expedites the tax filing. CAAs charge between $200-$500, Embassies about $60 and need 5-10 days to return passport, and DIY on Fiver with help "for W7 completion only" is about $15. It just needs to be planned for non-residents.

Reactions: uplana and EuroKiss

Latest Threads