Our valued sponsor

Revolut business locked account UK (horror story)

btw it is possible to request the removal of a hit as well.

You got zero chance. Reuters gathers the information from multiple sources such as US sanctions lists and from global sanction lists from around the world. It even scrapes from reports on the internet. Most banks just do a search of name and if it matches along with data of birth that call it a "worldcheck hit" and they don't really care about the reason your in their they just won't touch you.

Sometimes the information it contains is wrong but Reuters do not care as its the users call as to what action to take. Banks and EMI's cannot also discuss with the client or pass on to the client what information they found. I guess this is Reuters way of making sure they don't get sued by customers for incorrectly putting information about them that is incorrect. The database is quiet extensive and contains not just people that did things wrong but PEP's (Politically Exposed Persons) and their entire families i.e cousins, uncles, aunties etc. How they gathered such private information I have no idea conf/(%.

I was sometimes wondering why someone doesn't setup a "remove yourself from all of the world's KYC/AML blacklists" service lol...

Secrecy and terms and conditions given to users of the blacklist data makes this impossible. You will never know if your on the blacklist in the first place, in order to ask to be removed, unless its a public list or unless the bank tell you directly that you are on a list which they won't do.

Reactions: Btraveler
Sometimes the information it contains is wrong but Reuters do not care as its the users call as to what action to take
My experience with this is that they do remove hits, but a properly argumented case needs to be submitted. Also, as a well known Corporate client, it has been possible to have hits removed.
How they gathered such private information I have no idea
Public information. In the UK, USA and some other places there are public databases with these things, accessible for free. Other times they just manually compile what they themselves saw in Google when they searched the name. Mostly all information was Public to begin with.

EDIT: granted, all of the people who I have suggested hit removals for, were Chinese people who shared names with another Chinese person, who carried these hits. It was thus required to present them with proof that this is another person

My experience with this is that they do remove hits, but a properly argumented case needs to be submitted. Also, as a well known Corporate client, it has been possible to have hits removed.

You mean Thomson Reuters removes it? I don't think any bank would bother requesting removing anything for a new client. Accidents do happen though like this one below.

London mosque chairman demands removal from banks' terrorism blacklist

My name also appears in Thomson Reuters world-check :(

You got zero chance. Reuters gathers the information from multiple sources such as US sanctions lists and from global sanction lists from around the world. It even scrapes from reports on the internet. Most banks just do a search of name and if it matches along with data of birth that call it a "worldcheck hit" and they don't really care about the reason your in their they just won't touch you.

Sometimes the information it contains is wrong but Reuters do not care as its the users call as to what action to take. Banks and EMI's cannot also discuss with the client or pass on to the client what information they found. I guess this is Reuters way of making sure they don't get sued by customers for incorrectly putting information about them that is incorrect. The database is quiet extensive and contains not just people that did things wrong but PEP's (Politically Exposed Persons) and their entire families i.e cousins, uncles, aunties etc. How they gathered such private information I have no idea conf/(%.

Secrecy and terms and conditions given to users of the blacklist data makes this impossible. You will never know if your on the blacklist in the first place, in order to ask to be removed, unless its a public list or unless the bank tell you directly that you are on a list which they won't do.

Hello there @Martin Everson How Can I can register to that Database to make a search?

Hello there @Martin Everson How Can I can register to that Database to make a search?

You need to buy a subscription for the service. Btw Thomson Reuters world-check is now called Refinitiv after Blackstones bought into it.

If you feel you maybe listed on world-check then you can submit a free information request below. I guess this can be used as a free loophole way of checking on a third-party without subscribing to world-check service....lol smi(&%

If you feel you maybe listed on world-check then you can submit a free information request below. I guess this can be used as a free loophole way of checking on a third-party without subscribing to world-check service....lol
I'm on the team that receives these requests for removal and we check pretty well to make sure there is no recursive fishing going on... people from Pakistan etc. try to "use world-check for free" through methods like this every single day and the team is well trained to spot such requests. Granted. EU data subjects can request removal very easily under GDPR.

When I referred to a corporate client earlier, I meant a law firm that sells passports to Chinese buyers. Such buyers often have thousands of people with exactly the same name walking around, and it was necessary to file requests for hit removal on an almost daily basis

Wow, couldn't imagine a tool like Refinitiv.. Humanity is doomed! Do you think if you make a request for your data by giving your ID in an email, they will actually create a new file on you? ( If you don't exist in their database :p)

Last edited:
I'm on the team that receives these requests for removal and we check pretty well to make sure there is no recursive fishing going on... people from Pakistan etc. try to "use world-check for free" through methods like this every single day and the team is well trained to spot such requests. Granted. EU data subjects can request removal very easily under GDPR.
So you are working for Reuters or Blackstone?

Reactions: Btraveler
So you are working for Reuters or Blackstone?
The former. But I'm a sub-sub-sub-contractor. Not an employee.
Wow, couldn't imagine a tool like Refinitiv.. Humanity is doomed! Do you think if you make a request for your data by giving your ID in an email, they will actually create a new file on you? ( If you don't exist in their database :p)
Nobody on the team has this job. So No. Don't worry. Main focus is preventing Pakistanis/Afghans from getting free access

I'm on the team that receives these requests for removal and we check pretty well to make sure there is no recursive fishing going on...

You think you can get me removed? My profile is below and I have done nothing wrong to be in there. Jamal Khashoggi allegations are all fake news my friend smi(&%

Hehe. But to give you a real-world example:

Someone named Liu Yong from Hebei in China approaches a government and requests to buy a passport. Cyprus, Malta etc. The law firm taking up his case runs a name scan and finds China Sentences Man to Death for Trafficking Fentanyl to the U.S. -- now, this application would normally be thrown out straight away because multiple levels of individuals involved in the process will begin to believe this person is on the run from a death sentence. Most western-born bank/law firm employees will not read further or think further. They will just associate Country+Place+Name and throw out the application.

In my case I would argue that there are seven-hundred people named Liu Yong not just in that province, but in fact in the very same county alone. I would include another data point, the Age of the Liu Yong who is applying, and confirm that the Liu Yong who has just been sentenced to death has a completely different age. I can take other data points such as marriage status (in case this is explicitly revealed in the name scan hit and mismatches with an applicant's own status) and education history as well.

This is how a match finally ends up being removed by a data provider such as Reuters, or commented and accepted by an authority.

I don't think banks have anyone in-house whos job it is to argue for clients like this. After all, a bank only stands to earn small amounts from initial account opening deposits. While there is more incentive to do so with law firms who stand to process 1 million+ if the guy's passport application is accepted after all.

I do think this is unfair, however, and have often thought that there could be use in a service where someone is able to argue on behalf of "everyday people" as well, not just multi millionaires.

I do think this is unfair, however, and have often thought that there could be use in a service where someone is able to argue on behalf of "everyday people" as well, not just multi millionaires.

There is I suppose.

Put your money into crypto and f**k fiat, banks and governments.
You can spend your crypto everywhere with several debit cards, like Coinbase Card.
For crypto debit cards I recommend Loading...
You can visit their office in person and look up the receptionists skirt. They are very short and you can see her green flower panties (while picking up your card, that is...)