Our valued sponsor

Revolut is a Scam and why you should never trust them.

But why do you think is Revolut Bank UAB only operational in 6 countries and not 31?

The 6 countries are all CEE countries. Maybe that is their focus now. As no one in western Europe is offering Revolut's Russian CEO anything as he happens to be the son of a Russian Oligarch that is close to Putin and Kremlin. Revolut was denied a banking license in UK....sorry they abandoned their application after getting a Lithuanian one ;) and Revolut is based in UK....lol. That says a lot.

B) Their way to operate with bitcoins totally suck(You cannot send them outside).

By just offering exposure to BTC price I suppose it is only way the regulators won't kill there business...lol.

anyway, I lost my money and I had to deliver my serivce to my clients without getting paid, I can confirm that Revolut stole my hard earning money.
This doesn't make sense. If Revolut really "stole your money" they might be criminally liable. Contact a lawyer and sue them to hell and back. If they operated within law, then by definition they did not "steal" your money. If you knew you were 100% in the right your lawyer would already be talking to them. So why isn't that so?

Reactions: MiddleEuroAsia
I don't believe they are a SCAM - this case may be similar to what we aread about Stripe, 2Co and PayPal - thousands of people claim these companies to be a SCAM and they steal peoples money! I believe it is the person itself that course the trouble!!

I don't believe they are a SCAM - this case may be similar to what we aread about Stripe, 2Co and PayPal - thousands of people claim these companies to be a SCAM and they steal peoples money! I believe it is the person itself that course the trouble!!
Yeah, it's just emotional dumbasses that did something wrong.
Paypal is like multi-billion company. Doubt they would risk "stealing" some poor schmucks money for heck of it. And Revolut is huge, too. It's not some shady, tiny Ukrainian website that has to steal to survive.

I wouldn’t use Revolut either.
I have only used it for private purposes and they froze my money for almost two weeks because they wanted to see the source of the funds. There’s no way to call or email them, you can only contact them through the mobile app chat where you will be talking to people who probably work on €3 an hour, i.e. not really smart or competent people.
I didn’t need the money urgently. In the end, the funds were released and my limit increased. But I wouldn’t want to do business with a company like that.

Reactions: Nix001 and Spinat
I wouldn’t use Revolut either.
I have only used it for private purposes and they froze my money for almost two weeks because they wanted to see the source of the funds. There’s no way to call or email them, you can only contact them through the mobile app chat where you will be talking to people who probably work on €3 an hour, i.e. not really smart or competent people.
I didn’t need the money urgently. In the end, the funds were released and my limit increased. But I wouldn’t want to do business with a company like that.
So you wouldn't want to do business with any company?
Because of all of them are legally required to do due diligence and check source of funds to make sure its not illegal.

Due diligence is all fine. But not when it takes them weeks to complete the necessary checks and there is no way to reach them, except a mobile app. Where you don’t speak to a competent person, but some high-school dropouts.
It’s your hard-earned money and you have to talk to some chat agent who is like: “I can’t give you any update. It will take as long as it takes.” - for weeks!

In my case, I think it was $15,000 in private funds. Imagine if it was $150,000, they freeze the money for weeks you can’t talk to anybody, you can’t even send an email.
The same stories I’ve heard about PayPal, even with legitimate businesses.

A proper bank should always keep you updated about the process and it definitely shouldn’t take more than a couple days at most. If the funds actually are legitimate, of course.

Due diligence is all fine. But not when it takes them weeks to complete the necessary checks and there is no way to reach them, except a mobile app. Where you don’t speak to a competent person, but some high-school dropouts.
It’s your hard-earned money and you have to talk to some chat agent who is like: “I can’t give you any update. It will take as long as it takes.” - for weeks!

In my case, I think it was $15,000 in private funds. Imagine if it was $150,000, they freeze the money for weeks you can’t talk to anybody, you can’t even send an email.
The same stories I’ve heard about PayPal, even with legitimate businesses.

A proper bank should always keep you updated about the process and it definitely shouldn’t take more than a couple days at most. If the funds actually are legitimate, of course.
It is not illegal to be slow. I always got instant replies because I purchased the card from them. If you want support you have to pay

I also paid. They still froze the funds for 1-2 weeks. I also got replies, like “You will have to wait, we can’t tell you when we’re done.”
Such a reply isn’t worth much.
It’s also simply unacceptable that you can’t even email them. Let alone call them.
If you’re happy, that’s great. But my experience was different. I still use them for personal stuff, but I would never trust them with my business.

Reactions: Nix001
I also paid. They still froze the funds for 1-2 weeks. I also got replies, like “You will have to wait, we can’t tell you when we’re done.”
Such a reply isn’t worth much.
It’s also simply unacceptable that you can’t even email them. Let alone call them.
If you’re happy, that’s great. But my experience was different. I still use them for personal stuff, but I would never trust them with my business.
I remember them having live support if you ordered a card from them.

Yes, that’s what I meant. I got a live chat agent telling me that it would just take for as long as they found necessary. No updates, no nothing. No way to email or call. That’s just not acceptable for me.
They should at least advise in advance when they would need more information, so that you can prepare all the documents, instead of just suddenly freezing your funds.

You ok buddy? You seem to be having a conversation with yourself for last 5 posts smi(&%

Ok If they want to ban you from their services but it's not their money to keep either.
What do they do with the money on the frozen account??
Are there even financial experts/accountants behind these companies?
I have TW, so far so good;)

Latest Threads